PayPal Issue

Syfonic

I found this post in another thread:

I have not entered the IPN.

There are 2 types of IPN.

The ipn that is on the paypal site will send ANY payment that you get to your whmcs scripts. Eg if i was to paypal you some money to paypal@youraddress.com it would notify you. However using the whmcs form it will tell paypal to notify your whmcs of the completion of that payment that is being made. This is enough to be able to verify the success/failure of the whmcs payment/transactio

However, what about my users who are subscribed to pay via Paypal? When their subscription payment each month still notify WHMCS every month even if I have my IPN set to another website?

• WHMCS Support Manager

As I understand it, WHMCS sends the callback URL when the subscription is created or a payment made, so whatever's entered into the IPN field in PayPal is pretty much irrelevant. Indeed until PayPal forced users to enter something there, we recommended leaving it blank.

So in theory it should all be fine.