License Verification Portal

BoostPlatform is proud to announce our new License Verification Portal for the WHMCS Licensing Addon Module! 8)

The License Verification Portal allows your customers to verify if a domain has a valid license for your software. It is similar to the license verification page provided at http://www.whmcs.com/members/verifydomain.php

Features

• Easy 5 Minute Installation
  • Portal Design is Fully Customizable and Skinnable!
  • reCAPTCHA Integration (Includes Global reCAPTCHA License Key, so you don't need to register for your own!)
  • verify.cpanel.net License Verification Style (Lists all licenses recorded for a specific domain)

Demo

http://demos.boostplatform.com/licenseverificationportal

(Use the domain cooldomain.com, site1.cooldomain.com, or site2.cooldomain.com)

Pricing Options

• 7 Day Trial License - FREE
  • Monthly License - $7.95/mo
  • Owned License - $24.95 one time
  • Lease to Own License - $8.95/mo for 4 months

SPECIAL OFFER!

$5 off an owned license until September 28, 2009! Discount is automatically applied!

:arrow: Click Here To Order! :arrow:

Planned Features

We are working on tons more features!

• Instant Piracy Verification System (If a user enters an unlicensed domain name, the portal will automatically check if the domain is actually running an unlicensed copy of your software, and if it is it will email you and their host a fully formatted DMCA Takedown notice)
  • Simultaneous Integration with other licensing systems
  • License Verification API (with API Keys)

We think it is worth $24.95, because -

1) We don't charge for support or updates

2) We will be adding quite a few new features at no extra cost

3) The Instant Piracy Verification System will make it worth the price for sure :D

You may be correct.. Sell it to me, right here on the forums :) I'm a developer and license my software.. Tell me exactly why I should buy this module from you. What makes it worth $25 to me?

You may be correct.. Sell it to me, right here on the forums :) I'm a developer and license my software.. Tell me exactly why I should buy this module from you. What makes it worth $25 to me?

Is it just me, or are you (a coder and addon dev), trying to turn people away from your competition for no good reason? This script's features seem very promising for someone that sells addons/code, which he has already mentioned, so why ask again?

Is it just me, or are you (a coder and addon dev), trying to turn people away from your competition for no good reason? This script's features seem very promising for someone that sells addons/code, which he has already mentioned, so why ask again?

It seems like you took what I was saying totally the wrong way :) First, he's not my competitor and there's plenty of room here for all the mod developers as there's so many things we can do with WHMCS. And second, I was completely serious when I asked for him to sell me on it :)

I honestly do see this as a very good module with a lot of potential, but there's many times when all the advantages aren't apparent just by demoing a module, and I'm the type of person who would like to hear "you should buy this because _____"

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I was thinking the same thing. I bet we will see one form him soon lol

@siforek.. sure came out wrong bud. I took it as you were pressing the guy too hard in the wrong way as well. Glad you cleared that up.

Is it so wrong to ask someone to sell something to you if you're genuinely interested yet you need something to get off the fence?

For example.. I purchased a new car a few months back and while talking to the salesman I told him to sell it to me, to tell me exactly why I should buy that car.. An hour later we had signed the paperwork and I was on my way home with a new car..

Anyways I just wanted to make my intentions clear, and now that I've done that I'm still very interested in this module, but am also still on the fence until I learn more about it.

You should buy this module because _____...

1) Piracy runs rampant these days, and honestly as a webhost myself when I saw users running WHMCS or vB or IPB - I didn't have the time to go and check the files to see if they were nulled, or submit a ticket and ask someone if the domain was licensed or not. Now that WHMCS has the license verification page, I can easily assign someone to go in and quickly check if questionable domains are licensed or not, and if not we can take care of it.

2) You pay $24.95 ($19.95 for a limited time :D) for an owned license with lifetime updates and support, none of that $9.95/yr stuff. We did it this way, because we feel that we will eventually reach a point where there will be no more features we can add...so why should you be paying to get updates? We really try to keep our customers in mind when pricing our products.

3) We aren't some giant company (though we like to think that we are :P), so if you need a feature that we think others can use, we won't charge you for "custom work" on the script...we'll just add it in!

4) The script is really customizable, as you can see from the trial the entire frontend of the script is 100% customizable. You are provided with the raw variables in the template, so you can customize it to match your site design completely, or you can just use the provided design. We will be adding additional license variables to the templates, and you can choose to show them or not, depending on what you feel is necessary.

5) We are working on quite a few other really cool modules, and we would really appreciate all the support we can get, so we can afford to spend time on these modules.

You should buy this module because _____...

1) Piracy runs rampant these days, and honestly as a webhost myself when I saw users running WHMCS or vB or IPB - I didn't have the time to go and check the files to see if they were nulled, or submit a ticket and ask someone if the domain was licensed or not. Now that WHMCS has the license verification page, I can easily assign someone to go in and quickly check if questionable domains are licensed or not, and if not we can take care of it.

2) You pay $24.95 ($19.95 for a limited time :D) for an owned license with lifetime updates and support, none of that $9.95/yr stuff. We did it this way, because we feel that we will eventually reach a point where there will be no more features we can add...so why should you be paying to get updates? We really try to keep our customers in mind when pricing our products.

3) We aren't some giant company (though we like to think that we are :P), so if you need a feature that we think others can use, we won't charge you for "custom work" on the script...we'll just add it in!

4) The script is really customizable, as you can see from the trial the entire frontend of the script is 100% customizable. You are provided with the raw variables in the template, so you can customize it to match your site design completely, or you can just use the provided design. We will be adding additional license variables to the templates, and you can choose to show them or not, depending on what you feel is necessary.

5) We are working on quite a few other really cool modules, and we would really appreciate all the support we can get, so we can afford to spend time on these modules.

Perfect! That was exactly what I was looking for :)

Is it possible for me to use my own CAPTCHA rather than the integrated reCAPTCHA?

At this time it isn't possible to use your own CAPTCHA, but if possible send me the CAPTCHA code and we can integrate it and offer it as a second option. I could probably have that integrated and released for you today. (We are also looking at other CAPTCHA options ourselves, as we understand that some people don't like reCAPTCHA, but it might be a few days).

At this time it isn't possible to use your own CAPTCHA, but if possible send me the CAPTCHA code and we can integrate it and offer it as a second option. I could probably have that integrated and released for you today. (We are also looking at other CAPTCHA options ourselves, as we understand that some people don't like reCAPTCHA, but it might be a few days).

I personally like using the captcha included with WHMCS. If you'd like I can send you the source I used for the blog to do this :)

Yes, it does require you to enter at least 7 characters or else you could enter short like .com and retrieve all the licensed domains due to the way the subdomain wildcard search works. The demo says to use the domain cooldomain.com as a test, which is greater than 7 characters. Most domains will be, because assuming it is .com that is 4 characters + at least 3 more for the actual domain is 7. In our next release we plan to make the minimum character limit an option in the config file.

Yes, you are right. Thanks for that! We will fix it today or tomorrow. Just an FYI - We did make sure that we escaped the string to prevent injection, but the special characters weren't removed.

ANNOUNCEMENT -

Starting Monday or Tuesday, we will be lowering the price on this module from $19.95 to $6.95 (Owned License), as some people have commented that this isn't really a $20 module. We will also be fully integrating it into WHMCS instead of having a separate portal. The monthly options will also be removed (since the price is only $7).