Help with Header

Puget

John the problem is I don't know how to edit it to make a link to go back to the site. I'm not very familiar with xml and div tags and all I'd like is where the name of my company is on the top of the portal home page to link back to my site.

Well if he doesn't know what xml is, I don't think he'll know HTML at all ;)

I know HTML just fine and I know what XML is. I am just not very familiar with the tagging or the div tag. Which I said. Thanks for telling me where and how to put the code into the header.tpl so that it would work. I'll just change _blank to _self. Cheers.

I know HTML just fine and I know what XML is. I am just not very familiar with the tagging or the div tag. Which I said. Thanks for telling me where and how to put the code into the header.tpl so that it would work. I'll just change _blank to _self. Cheers.

No, if you don't know how to insert a hyperlink into a website you do not know HTML, you may know what the term means, but that's nowhere near the same.

No, if you don't know how to insert a hyperlink into a website you do not know HTML, you may know what the term means, but that's nowhere near the same.

Again I'll make it clear. I know how to insert a hyperlink into a website. I know HTML just fine as I said, and what I don't I can figure out very easily. I said this before I am not familiar with XML and don't know the differences between XML and HTML tags and am not familiar at all with the DIV tag. So instead of trying to shoot randomly with my header.tpl file I wanted to ask for specifics, because I saw no reason to potentially mess it up.

So now you've gone from being helpful in your first post, to being condescending in your second post, and now to downright being an arrogant ass in your most recent. Have a nice day.

Again I'll make it clear. I know how to insert a hyperlink into a website. I know HTML just fine as I said, and what I don't I can figure out very easily. I said this before I am not familiar with XML and don't know the differences between XML and HTML tags and am not familiar at all with the DIV tag. So instead of trying to shoot randomly with my header.tpl file I wanted to ask for specifics, because I saw no reason to potentially mess it up.

So now you've gone from being helpful in your first post, to being condescending in your second post, and now to downright being an arrogant ass in your most recent. Have a nice day.

Two seconds with the header.tpl template (by the eyes of anyone that knows html) and you'd be able to figure out that <div id="company_title">{$companyname}</div> is the heading you're looking for, there really is no need to know "div tags" as you call them (which are html standard btw).

Btw, in my first post I was talking to you, in the second I was not, and in the third, I was replying to your bold post stating you know HTML, but yet you have trouble with the basics. Have a nice evening.

Two seconds with the header.tpl template (by the eyes of anyone that knows html) and you'd be able to figure out that <div id="company_title">{$companyname}</div> is the heading you're looking for, there really is no need to know "div tags" as you call them (which are html standard btw).

Btw, in my first post I was talking to you, in the second I was not, and in the third, I was replying to your bold post stating you know HTML, but yet you have trouble with the basics. Have a nice evening.

It seems you have a very poor attitude problem. It doesn't matter if in the second post you were talking to me or not, I said that you were being condescending. I knew where I needed to make the change, like you said 2 seconds. I just was not sure where or how the link code needed to be put in that line. Yet if acting like this is how you get through the day, then by all means continue to be an ass. We wouldn't want you to suffer. Cheers.

OMG what is with all the new Members coming in here and acting like childish little 5th graders this is now the second post just today i have seen with this and to be honest kinda getting tired of it and think the forum admins are gonna have to be asked to start watching all new members for the first little while this is getting way outta hand this is a business of people and respect and actual server owners cant show it wow that is just sad.

again as in the other post just my opinion and i am entitled to have one.

Impact-John,

I'm not sure who you're addressing in your statement, myself or DedicatedPros. I am a "newer" member then he is but I am far from acting like a childish 5th grader. While asking for some simple assistance on the forum whose software I am currently using, I was poked fun at and insulted by an older member. One who fits your description probably of being an actual server owner who doesn't show respect. I'm just trying to get myself up and going and I am learning during the process. I'll admit his type of replies to my thread are upsetting, but in case your response was slightly more to my side of the situation, I want to let you know that his instance of rudeness doesn't make me think less of the product, the business, or even the forum in general. I understand that there's always one of those, or there's always one of those days.