[RESOLVED] PayPal subscription overpayment if invoice already paid manually

Hi,

I've noticed something recently. When someone accidentally pays an invoice manually (that has a Subscription set up), the Subscription payment comes in and is not credited to their account.

I know this situation likely should not happen, but it does and I would consider it a bug to at least not turn the payment into a credit on their account, so it would be obvious to those of us who do not log in to PayPal daily. That way, we could process any adjustment in a timely manner and through WHMCS (keeping everything neat and documented).

a strange thing happened to me.

a client set up hosting with the first month free, he set this up manually and without setting a subscription. his monthly payments will be £7.99 a month, due to some server problems i credited his account with £4, so his first invoice would be £3.99 with a monthly subscription of £7.99, when this invoice was sent to the cliebnt he paid by using the paypal subscription and was expecting to pay the £3.99 and then the subscription would be £7.99 a month after that as the invoice was only for £3.99, but for some reason £7.99 was taken from him with the invoice being paid and then the overpayment of £4 placed as a credit, whcih confused me and my client as this now meant he had £8 credit on his account. natually i refunded hin the £4 overpaid, but this should not have happened

a strange thing happened to me.

a client set up hosting with the first month free, he set this up manually and without setting a subscription. his monthly payments will be £7.99 a month, due to some server problems i credited his account with £4, so his first invoice would be £3.99 with a monthly subscription of £7.99, when this invoice was sent to the cliebnt he paid by using the paypal subscription and was expecting to pay the £3.99 and then the subscription would be £7.99 a month after that as the invoice was only for £3.99, but for some reason £7.99 was taken from him with the invoice being paid and then the overpayment of £4 placed as a credit, whcih confused me and my client as this now meant he had £8 credit on his account. natually i refunded hin the £4 overpaid, but this should not have happened

Something is not right there. Either way, this has no relation to the bug/mis-faeture I am reporting.

Would be best to state the version of WHMCS you are running.

We're still running v3.8.2 and don't have this problem.

Just a question: Are you sure those Subscriptions aren't eChecks waiting to clear?

No, the payment(s) in question were from their balance. They cleared our account immediately. I am using 4.0.2

I suggest opening a Support Ticket on this issue. I don't expect what you are experiencing is intended as it works as I'd expect in v3.8.2 (and with a small number of people posting here I suspect it's working fine for others in v4.0.2 as well...but that is only speculation on my part).