Merging Clients

Ronny AcuNett

• 1 year later...

Matt -

I am very interested in how to do this as well.

As of the reasons:

If you had 2 organizations that are now 1 - it is much easier to have the 2 accounts merged.

Another reason - clients sometimes will sign up under 2 email accounts - and have domains under each . I have 1 client now that has 4 accounts (go figure)

It would be great if I could merge all those together now.

Easier to manage - especially when the help desk is tied to the billing system

PS - I just merged a ton of accounts in via the migrate script - good stuff !!!

Already implemented.

Choose one of the clients then display their product tab.

just below the tabs, to the right, you'll see a link "Move Product/Service to Another Client"

Manual link: http://v3manual.whmcs.com/display.php?id=72

I used it a lot last summer and it worked great.

That doesn't merge and actually removes any invoices, tickets and billing associated with that account, doesn't it?

That doesn't merge and actually removes any invoices, tickets and billing associated with that account, doesn't it?

But then he stated he just migrated a lot of accounts in, same thing I did and had a lot of clients with multiple accounts.

Does it actually remove the invoices, tickets, billing or does it just move the product/service to another user and leave it there on the old one? Don't remember myself, but, I think it leaves it intact with the old user.

But then he stated he just migrated a lot of accounts in, same thing I did and had a lot of clients with multiple accounts.

Does it actually remove the invoices, tickets, billing or does it just move the product/service to another user and leave it there on the old one? Don't remember myself, but, I think it leaves it intact with the old user.

The one I moved to another account lost everything. I can't remember what version it was, but it was before multiple contacts.

I also agree that it happens often enough that we want to merge clients and the current move of only products/domains don't help much if nothing else, such as invoices, cannot be moved too.

It would make more sense if a merge clients option simply change all instances of userid XX to userid YY across the whole database such as orders, invoices, domains, services, emails etc.

Matt,

This would be another great feature to add, to place a button that allows you to merge with x client, and move all packages, invoices, past emails etc to link to the new client id, and then leave the old one still intact, but with nothing in it, so I can delete it if I want to using the delete client link, or can choose to leave it there for historical purposes.

Don't remember myself, but, I think it leaves it intact with the old user.

Has been annoying for us. Recently had a customer that realised he had two separate accounts, and there were a *lot* of domains in the second one.

It took a long time to migrate over to the new account (leads to a new suggestion below**), and then we couldn't move the invoices which he wanted.

Would be great to see this implemented.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

** With regards to just moving packages, can you add the client ID to the front of the clients names when you are selecting the client to move to?

Unfortunately, this customer has the same name on both accounts, and while I discovered it was alphabetical, then ordered by client id, I'd like to be able to go straight to the right client, and not have to think too much about much client was higher/lower etc, to move it to the right account.

This way, I can also type the client id in while drop down box has focus, and it will jump straight to the correct client :)

Look forward to your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the future release of this feature (;)), below is my small contribution to merge customers accounts and transfer as well all datas.

Note, I made this quickly, it might not be perfect but it made the job for us.

In no way it is an official code, so use it at your own risks and backup your database previously.

In PHPMyAdmin or in shell environment, run the following SQL command (I know it has not been optimized too but, as said, I did it quickly and wanted to avoid the "Column in field list is ambiguous " problem.)

UPDATE tblaccounts SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblcontacts SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tbldomains SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblemails SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblhosting SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblinvoiceitems SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblinvoices SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblnotes SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tblorders SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';
UPDATE tbltickets SET userid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE userid='OLDCUSTOMERID';

Replace NEWCUSTOMERID with the 10 Digits User ID where you want to migrate the datas. (eg:0000000001). Replace OLDCUSTOMERID with the 10 Digits User ID you are migrating the datas from.

Beside this, in some cases you may need to add the Database name before the table name: for example databasename.tblaccounts (where databasename is, of course, your database name).

At last but not least, if the customers had credits on 1 of the migrating account, you'll have to use the SQL command below:

UPDATE tblcredit SET clientid='NEWCUSTOMERID' WHERE clientid='OLDCUSTOMERID';

For an obvious reason, this table has another column name to save the User ID.

Hope this will help some of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a client with 3 seperate client accounts. Same client, same client exact first and last name, but now also... he just signed up in the client area with now another brand new account. I too don't see how now all 4 of these accounts could be merged together under 1 account and this would be great if somehow this could be done. I don't see in my WHMCS where this can be accomplidhed. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks for any help,

Jim Bangert