Control Panel confusion

leon_nerd

Hi Guys,

I have setup the WHMCS and integrated into my website. I am using third party hosting service partner. I am right now confused how I can set the control panel link for the client.

Well the problem is whenever a customer comes and places an order we will create the package and then send an email to them on success.

1.) First of all I want to send a link for the control panel in their email. How can I do this? I tried playing around with email templates but could not figure out how can I add a link variable to the email which I can substitute with the control panel link while send it to customers.

2.) How can I add a control panel link in the client area? In the WHMCS admin I cud see that for VPS we can set the ip address and passwords for the customers but what about the shared hosting packages? Can I add a similar field inside the client area to give the link to the control panel?

Thanks.

What if we don't have a generic format for the control panel link? I want to receive the order, create the hosting package and then somewhere put in the link for control panel so that it is visible in the user account information. This brings me to another question that where should the backend support people put the link? Somewhere in the admin section? Should I create a new table for this? What u suggest?

Let me give an example: Say we have 10 hosting packages. We are getting 5 of them from one reseller, 3 of them from second and 2 from a third one. Whenever the user places an order, the support guy will process the orders depending on which hosting package the user has selected. Since we are getting hosting packages from three different resellers we can get 3 types of Control Panel link. Support one of them gives domainname.com/controlpanel, the second one gives cpanel.domainname.com and third one gives domainname.com/cadmin. Now, as soon as I create a package I will get the Control Panel link from any of the above three. So, I would want to copy that link and paste is somewhere (prefrably in the WHMCS Admin section). As soon as we add that link in the order section in WHMCS Admin it should get visible in the customer's Client Area too.

I hope this makes sense.