Removing Affiliates-links and State-requirement

Dids

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for quite some time now, but haven't exactly found a good/clean way of removing all the affiliate links in WHMCS (feature is disabled, but I don't want the links to be there either).

Also, since I've translated WHMCS to finnish, and will only be using that one language, I need to find a way to remove the State-line from the registration form, as there are no states here.

Thank you in advance!

Both can be done by editing the templates, if you don't want the affiliates link to show, open up the file that contains the navigation bit (probably header.tpl) and remove the code that pertains to the affiliates link.

You'll also need to remove the affiliates link, and the affiliates icon on the homepage template.

The states field could be removed by editing the viewcart.tpl file, just remove the following:

<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.clientareastate}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.state}{else}<input type="text" name="state" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.state}" />{/if}</td></tr>

But not sure if it would mess up the validation, so make sure you make a backup of the original file before testing!

Thanks for the quick reply!

However, even though that line removes the State field from the form, it still shows up as "required". Anyway around this?

The affiliate link removal sounds easy enough, I'll figure that one out later.

Thank you.

Still haven't figured out a way to do this.

Though, I do remember trying one of the "solutions" that basically adds a static (hidden) value to the State. That never worked for me though.

Hope someone's found a way. :-/

Solved!

In the same viewcart.tpl I simply added a line like this:

<input type="hidden" name="state" size="20" value="N/A" />

So the value is set to something (N/A in this case), but it's never shown to the client/user.