Virtuozzo Module Testing

Hey everyone we are happy to announce we have been able to keep our schedule and start public testing today. We are going to only allow 10 public testing slots for now we need 5 people to test linux Virtuozzo and 5 people to test windows Virtuozzo. This will be a first come first serve testing opportunity so the first 5 people to the door in each category will get to be our testers.

If you wish to be a tester please PM me with the following details.

1) Name

2) Email Address

3) Company (optional)

4) Platform

5) Phone Number (optional)

6) IM (MSN/AIM/YAHOO) Contact (optional)

7) As much detail as you would like to provide about the environment you will be testing in

8 Any other information you would like to provide about yourself, ie experience level in system admin/virtuozzo etc... (optional)

Once we get this information and select our testers we will make updated posts in the thread letting everyone know sign ups have closed. Then we will contact the testers and get them the information they need to start testing.

Happy testing =).

Thanks,

Anthony Gruetzmacher

Project Lead

Hey everyone we are happy to announce we have been able to keep our schedule and start public testing today. We are going to only allow 10 public testing slots for now we need 5 people to test linux Virtuozzo and 5 people to test windows Virtuozzo. This will be a first come first serve testing opportunity so the first 5 people to the door in each category will get to be our testers.

If you wish to be a tester please PM me with the following details.

1) Name

2) Email Address

3) Company (optional)

4) Platform

5) Phone Number (optional)

6) IM (MSN/AIM/YAHOO) Contact (optional)

7) As much detail as you would like to provide about the environment you will be testing in

8 Any other information you would like to provide about yourself, ie experience level in system admin/virtuozzo etc... (optional)

Once we get this information and select our testers we will make updated posts in the thread letting everyone know sign ups have closed. Then we will contact the testers and get them the information they need to start testing.

Happy testing =).

Thanks,

Anthony Gruetzmacher

Project Lead

PM Sent :)

Here's an update;

Think you should put the localkey with the script (encoded) and tell us to add the licensekey to the configuration.php and use that.

Plus; Just create the directories of modules/servers/virtuozzo/ and put all data in there instead for us creating it, not a big deal but most addons are setup that way.

I was having an issue getting the VPS to create and finally figured out the issue, My Server firewall was blocking it. I disabled it and worked fine and I'm assuming need to add the virtuozzo port 4643.

After all that; It works - Created fine with my plan shows it like this in the control panel.

FirstName-LastName-OrderID (Simple, Now I don't have to search on guessing who's vps is whos.)

I've been trying to automatically provision it, but I have to manually do it; This suppose to that? As I believe HyperVM also did the same.

and here's an error:

Suspend, Terminate, Change Package, Change Password

Module Command Error

Invalid VPS ID (not a number > 100)

After looking at your screenshot;

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5910/vzwhmcs1.jpg

I don't see VPS ID, VPS IP, VPS NAME, VPS Hostname

Nothing in documentation in adding them into too 'Add New Custom Field'.

Where does the VPS ID go? Currently an active one is 113 and does not work.

Edited by EastsideHosting

I am going to add this as a ticket in our ticketing system, so we can track this better. I did not personally do the docs nor have I read them. Our sales monkey did those I may to look over them a bit.

1) Think you should put the localkey with the script (encoded) and tell us to add the licensekey to the configuration.php and use that.

This part is actually not completed local key has to be updatable so if you can not get to the licensing server X number of day you do not get an invalid license error. It was left there in an effort to push this out to testing. It will be cleaned up in the final release.

2) Plus; Just create the directories of modules/servers/virtuozzo/ and put all data in there instead for us creating it, not a big deal but most addons are setup that way.

We will take this into consideration and maybe do an install script for the release version.

3) I've been trying to automatically provision it, but I have to manually do it; This suppose to that? As I believe HyperVM also did the same.

Please clarify more. I am not sure what you are doing here. It should auto provision from the sales order forms.

4) Suspend, Terminate, Change Package, Change Password

Module Command Error

Invalid VPS ID (not a number > 100)

This should not happen. This may because of the lack of custom fields our doc writing monkey forgot to add in on the install instructions. I will properly swat him with a news paper tomorrow. Here are the left out steps.

When you create a product you must create the following custom fields.

1 VPS ID as a TEXT FIELD

2 VPS IP as a TEXT FIELD

3 VPS Hostname as TEXT FIELD

Note: Order is important and they must be in the above order.

Once you have these fields you can manually update them for the VPS and the suspend/terminate etc..etc.. should function properly.

Thank you for point out that error in the docs this is most likely the cause of a few other testers issues. I will send out an email them all.

Thanks,

Anthony Gruetzmacher

3) I've been trying to automatically provision it, but I have to manually do it; This suppose to that? As I believe HyperVM also did the same.

Please clarify more. I am not sure what you are doing here. It should auto provision from the sales order forms.

I've tried auto provisioning and it's setup 'after first payment'.

I've also added;

VPS ID, VPS IP and VPS Hostname (No Underscores, Spaces requried)

Gets ID and IP after I click 'create' but Hostname it does not but I didn't set that as 'show on order form', Which could be.

Plus; Not a bug; On reboot it reboots find but shows;

Module Command Error

success

Language Setting, I assume. I figure I would point that out.

Yea I am not sure we fully got the Hostname section implemented, we have been debating the best method to add it in. Ha that is good error'ed success. I will look into that. Thanks for the update. So far how do you like it are there improvements/updates features etc.. you would like to see.

Anthony

Send me a PM with all the info requested in the first post and we will add you to the beta testing. Let me remind you though this is a beta test, we have tested it as best we can but it is not recommended in a production environment yet. We would be more than happy to have you test it, some debugging may require access (this has been an issue for a few testers) if this is an issue we may not be able to debug all issue for you if they arise. Anyway look forward to hearing from you and seeing what kind of feed back you have for us.

Anthony

Hello,

We will work on a forum that you can actively post on. Not sure if we will be doing doing beta testing stuff on there, but we will be doing like a small community type setting.

Give us a few days.

~Michael

Edited by arisythila