New Virtuozzo WHMCS Automation Module

So my company has been working on a Virtuozzo WHMCS module. This module so far is able to do more than a few things.

Current Features:

Create Containers

Suspend

Un-suspend

Terminate

Reboot

Change Password

Change Package

Future Features:

Diskspace monitoring

Bandwidth monitoring

Is this something that people would like? Are we headed in the right direction?

~Michael

So my company has been working on a Virtuozzo WHMCS module. This module so far is able to do more than a few things.

Current Features:

Create Containers

Suspend

Un-suspend

Terminate

Reboot

Change Password

Change Package

Future Features:

Diskspace monitoring

Bandwidth monitoring

Is this something that people would like? Are we headed in the right direction?

~Michael

Michael,

Most definitely headed in the right direction!!

We too would be interested in assisting with the testing of this module once a BETA becomes available, so feel free to get in touch.

Dale

Were hoping to have a beta out on Monday(June 22nd 2009). Packages were going to try to make it so it will install given the option on the sign up page.

On my page I have Control Panel (None, 10 Domain, 100 Domain, Unlimited Domain) So given 10 domain to unlimited, it will provision accordingly. This is in the works but not done yet.

~Michael

As you know, the Agent API documentation doesn't help much :( So first off congrats on some level of success with it. I'm very interested in your beta as my attempts aren't going the way I'd hoped. Also, I'd like perhaps a method to plug into the module and customize a few different things(PM me and I'll explain).. 100% willing to through source back and forth to help everyone out :)

Just looked over http://www.helixdevelopment.com/products.html

$100/year is bit high IMO. As I was/am working on my own module, honestly I was thinking $50 one-time was fair, that's with client area controls, graphs, etc..

We have not set any hard pricing out to be honest. We have been kicking around several pricing models. There is a lot to work into a pricing model. IE What if VZ changes the API and it breaks is that covered under a lifetime license, what about VZ 5 what if WHMCS changes the API etc... etc... So either way nothing is set in stone yet. But thanks for the comment.

We have not set any hard pricing out to be honest. We have been kicking around several pricing models. There is a lot to work into a pricing model. IE What if VZ changes the API and it breaks is that covered under a lifetime license, what about VZ 5 what if WHMCS changes the API etc... etc... So either way nothing is set in stone yet. But thanks for the comment.

Yeah, I understand that. First of all, anything within WHMCS is cake and making adjustments to updates should never be a problem(thanks to Matt :)) Although I can't say the same about VZ, and I'm sure we can all agree their documentation is junk, I wouldn't expect any of this to get any harder :)

I guess it just depends on what your position is. One way or another I need a VZ module. If I finish up mine I'll obviously be negative as far as my personal costs/time for a bit, and offering modules/addons I create to others just helps reduce my costs and that's the purpose rather than solely for profit.

I'll tell you right now I'd much rather fumble with the API for another few weeks than pay $100(even one time). That's obviously just my opinion, and I'm sure many other's DONT share it with me :)

Yeah nothing is set in stone yet. were still testing the market a bit. Were more concerned about Parallels than WHMCS. Parallels tends to change API quite a bit. from 7 to 8 was a new API 8 to 9 was a partial change in API.

Depends on what your time is worth. If it takes you 10 hours to finish the module Is your time worth 10 dollars an hour? What about 40 hours? Is your time worth 2.50/hr?

I keep telling Anthony mine is worth 175/hr. He just laughs at me... One of these days! :-)

Yeah nothing is set in stone yet. were still testing the market a bit. Were more concerned about Parallels than WHMCS. Parallels tends to change API quite a bit. from 7 to 8 was a new API 8 to 9 was a partial change in API.

Depends on what your time is worth. If it takes you 10 hours to finish the module Is your time worth 10 dollars an hour? What about 40 hours? Is your time worth 2.50/hr?

I keep telling Anthony mine is worth 175/hr. He just laughs at me... One of these days! :-)

See that's likely where I differ from other developers.. I never charge by the hour.. 1st, because things come up, further research/communication may be needed, or sometimes things just don't work the way you think they will.. 2nd, because I develop many things for myself with the added bonus of helping other people out too :)

If that's the case, even if you were worth $175/hour, what would you charge yourself for something YOU need?

More pictures.

vzwhmcs1.jpg

This is under the clients products and services. Pretty self Explainitory. VPS ID, VPS IP, VPS Name, Hostname, Name Servers, Password.

vzwhmcs2d.jpg

This is in the products and services product edit. Simple to use, If they buy a product like Plesk, You can put that into the Sample Configuration.

EDIT: I wanted to mention this is a WORKING module.

Edited by arisythila

I'm game for beta testing, We recently switched from HyperVM to Virtuozzo, I'm the head administrator of the company I work for got exploited.

About 15 Clients were deleted. All though we did patch HyperVM but after recent events we decided to move away from it and find another solution and we're using WHMCS and has the intergrated HyperVM module but now this solution will suite our needs as we're using Virtuozzo.