VirtualMerchant Gateway Module for WHMCS (Elavon/Virtual Merchant)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone having issues with non-US customers always getting declined, mostly in middle eastern countries? We use Quantum Gateway previously, and these customers transactions were processed fine, but since switching, they are declined.

I had the customer ask their bank, and they said something isn't being sent through correctly (either CC #, Expiration or CVV). The CVV was never sent anyway via Quantum, so I don't know what it could be.

Has anyone had this happen?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The CVV isn't stored (they are never stored), and so isn't sent for recurring billing (although it is sent the first time), so that alone shouldn't cause the transaction to be declined.

You may want to call Elavon support - they might have a better idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you please update the module so that the Country gets sent to VirtualMerchant from WHMCS? You make it impossible to use any of the fraud prevention rules with their system, and it is causing serious problems for us.

Please let me know what needs to be done to get this in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Same with cardholder IP

The country is of course sent along with the transaction data - you can log into your virtualmerchant and look at the pending transactions and see that the country field is always filled out.

P.S. You may want to use Maxmind (which is free for WHMCS users) for your fraud prevention - it is immensely more powerful than anything virtualmerchant can do.

Edited by gei

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Armstrong Hosting sent out email notices informing of the license change and requiring the install of an updated gateway module. I opened a ticket and they responded within an hour so good service there but they need a better way to inform their customers of changes. I searched my email (including SPAM) and did not find any email from them.

Just so I understand, why did the module (which had a valid license) charge $1.01 on Feb. 1st? Whatever the reason, I suggest a better behavior is if there is a problem with the license for some reason, the module throws an error and charges nothing. If the license field is null, then the module can perform the demo charge of $1.01

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone a working setup that involves CVV2 ? After asking Elevon to turn on CVV2 our backed/recurring requests fail due to no CVV2 data passed. I understand that the data isn't stored but other systems seem to use a "verify only if it is passed" type system. Any comments?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...