Client area DNS editor development

I have a version developed and "working". It will update dns for a domain in WHM/cpanel via a WHMCS module. It is clunky and it suffers from a fundamental issue that is related to the JSON/XML API. Every line that is updated results in a reload of Bind for that domain . So it you delete two lines and add a line that would be three restarts with the associated time

Also the way I am integrating it is a bit clunky - in effect front ending the whmcs dns manager and checking to see if it is my dns and if not then transferring control back to WHMCS.Don't know if anyone else has worked this one further than this ?

Jim

11.25. If you have a test server, set your upgrades to 'CURRENT' and run an upgrade.

I've been testing it for a while and it seems pretty nice, though im not sure when it's going to be under 'RELEASE'.

and that is fine if you want to setup a cpanel account for all domains you want to offer dns management to. We want to offer dns management as a service and really do not want to have to have the overhead of a cpanel for each client for their domains. Using 11.25 dns management works fine for hosted clients but not if they simply want management

Jim

• 1 year later...