replacement module for HyperVM POLL

Which module would you like to see in WHMCS to replace HyperVM  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which module would you like to see in WHMCS to replace HyperVM

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you will really find to many quality companies using them. I sure wouldnt and I am not making that choice based on price, but on the quality of their system and support (its poor).
Joe's Datacenter, Server Complete kind of reputable companies are using them. However, the more popular ones use Virtuozzo though. VDSmanager's price isn't low at all. (~40USD/server) Parallels's support isn't good either.

The polls don't mean much, but the population using it is the deal.

Whaaat ? The POLL shows that the WHMCS forum users , want a Virtuozzo API ..

So your telling me the 'population' i.e the majority of Hosting Companies out there are using VDSManager over Virtuozzo ?

Joe's Datacenter, Server Complete kind of reputable companies are using them. However, the more popular ones use Virtuozzo though.

Ok now your contradicting yourself here .

Parallels's support isn't good either.

That is YOUR opinion . I have used their support and have found it to be very good . True , if your a Parallels Partner you get priority support over Non-Partners. But that is the norm with any company . Partners spend more money .

At the end of the day, I dont want a replacement mod for HyperVM , I just want a mod for Virtuozzo !!!

Joe's Datacenter, Server Complete kind of reputable companies are using them. However, the more popular ones use Virtuozzo though. VDSmanager's price isn't low at all. (~40USD/server) Parallels's support isn't good either.

Those are pretty small and budget locations. Joes a good guy, but I wouldnt really call either of those places "quality".

Um, isnt that license only for single core or cpu systems? I swear i read something like that on their site.

Edited by MACscr

Hehe I agree:

"was originally intended" is very misleading :)

Also, what does VDSmanager-Linux mean ?

The price is not that bad really, if the software does it's job stabley and securely. The screenshots look fantastic.

Seeing that most post are "this is the best, this one is fantastic" and none are "I've used this for 6 months, and it's xxxxx , or "Been with them for XXX years" we might have to do some testing , deeply, before deciding on one. In my case, I have no problem with time, but I know others here need to switch over from hyperVM pretty quickly.

Cloudmin, makers of Virtualmin, which doesn't support OpenVZ yet, is working toward an emergency development for HyperVM users, so that HyperVM servers can be easily migrated.

Just a thought. Joe said they are testing now. Cloudmin will support Xen or OpenVZ.

If you make a module for that, I will switch to WHMCS for sure.

Thanks,

Howard

no need to wait,. it's obvious Virtuozzo has won the poll. But I seriously doubt Matt will go for Virtuozzo, maybe as a separate module,. but not as a replacement for HyperVM.

In anycase, I could be wrong, but the poll is just about closed. Any in any other case, I wanted Matt to give HIS opinionç, so we can stop waiting time and speculating for ever...

From LxLabs forum:

Hello,

Today I had discussion with Ligesh's family. From the discussion it is appears that Lxlabs will not continue to run the business.

They are considering, releasing the software Kloxo and Hypervm under an opensource license.

I will be keep you posted