replacement module for HyperVM POLL

Which module would you like to see in WHMCS to replace HyperVM  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which module would you like to see in WHMCS to replace HyperVM

Yes but for stability and all the features you will need

VDSmanager Trial (2 weeks) $0.00 (€0.00)

VDSmanager 1 month $139.65 (€99.00)

VDSmanager Lifetime $1 396.49 (€990.00)

no its not - http://forum.ispsystem.com/en/showthread.php?t=626

Its $29 euro per server and does some (not all) that hypervm does. We have it running currently and it seems good so far, although there are some limitations.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://ispsystem.com/en/software/vdsmanager/prices/

C'mon, it's only about USD$40/server/mth...

see attached screenwshot, from https://ispsystem.com/en/software/vdsmanager/prices/ which shows all their prices.

VDSmanager Trial (2 weeks) $0.00 (€0.00)

VDSmanager 1 month $139.65 (€99.00)

VDSmanager Lifetime $1 396.49 (€990.00)

vdsmanager.jpg

I refuse to support any company that doesn't provide clear-cut pricing options for their products. This includes Parallels and VMware.

Though I don't know enough about Libvirt, my perception says it has huge potential.

Have you contacted them regarding their pricing structure or are you just going on what you heard/read online ?

I've seen Parallels prices online and they are expensive in my opinion. With VMware, I have heard from a few contacts that they are expensive. I also visited their site, seen thier prices and agree with my contacts.

Now in my case, I wouldn't go with them in any case , since we have 200+ vms created in Xen Source, and we were going to use hypervm for it.

Unfortunately we can't use neither Virtuozzo nor VMWare as a replacement for hypervm,

Which is what this thread is about. A replacment, not a "different or alternative solution"

Which is what this thread is about. A replacment, not a "different or alternative solution"

Actually , the thread is about a repalcement MODULE for HyperVM , not a replacement for HyperVM

Regarding pricing , 200 VZ licences would only cost slighly higher than HyperVM licences , but as you pointed out , you need Xen.

• WHMCS CEO

Just wanted to chime in and keep everyone updated on where we're at and let you know we are actively looking at modules for alternatives to HyperVM.

Virtuozzo seems to be by far the most popular based on sheer number of demands but their API is not proving easy to get working and docs are poor so despite a few days of trying, still haven't been able to get a connection working yet. This is in fact a problem we experienced before when previously trying to implement it (for those asking why it hasn't been implemented despite the requests thread) and their support came up with a recommendation we should consider using their own billing platform! :P If anyone has something working, please get in contact... :)

Of the others, demand seems pretty even with Cloudmin & Libvert possibly edging it slightly over the rest.

For anyone switching to panels not supported, if you have PHP knowledge or know someone who does, you can build custom modules for WHMCS using the docs available @ http://wiki.whmcs.com/

Matt

Hi Matt, as some of us have pointed out, Virtuozzo can't be an "alternative". Perhaps "a different solution", but not alternative since Virtuozzo does not support Xen vms, as hyperVM did.

Libvert has no GUI, so if you were to decide on this one, I assume you'd have to create a GUI.

Cloudmin, just from glancing at it rapidly, seems like a possible "alternative" since it supports many vm formats and has both admin and user GUI. VDSmanager also has an admin and user GUI, and says that by the end of June will fully support Xen.

Both Cloudmin (Virtualmin) and VDSmanager look pretty good, in my opinión.

I'm the primary developer for Cloudmin, and one of the features I am working on is support for managing OpenVZ virtual machines. Currently we support Xen, and can bring existing Xen instances under Cloudmin's control. This isn't "migration" per-se, as we don't need to transfer any data from whatever product was managing the Xen instance before, such as HyperVM. Instead, we examine the Xen config file and system running within the Xen instance to perform the migration.

Support for doing the same thing for OpenVZ instances will be available in a week or two.

I'm the primary developer for Cloudmin, and one of the features I am working on is support for managing OpenVZ virtual machines. Currently we support Xen, and can bring existing Xen instances under Cloudmin's control. This isn't "migration" per-se, as we don't need to transfer any data from whatever product was managing the Xen instance before, such as HyperVM. Instead, we examine the Xen config file and system running within the Xen instance to perform the migration.

Support for doing the same thing for OpenVZ instances will be available in a week or two.

Just to add what jcameron had to say, i have added a feature request with a poll to help matt gauge Cloudmin support popularity. I also have some links listed concerning it.

Just wanted to chime in and keep everyone updated on where we're at and let you know we are actively looking at modules for alternatives to HyperVM.

Virtuozzo seems to be by far the most popular based on sheer number of demands but their API is not proving easy to get working and docs are poor so despite a few days of trying, still haven't been able to get a connection working yet. This is in fact a problem we experienced before when previously trying to implement it (for those asking why it hasn't been implemented despite the requests thread) and their support came up with a recommendation we should consider using their own billing platform! :P If anyone has something working, please get in contact... :)

Of the others, demand seems pretty even with Cloudmin & Libvert possibly edging it slightly over the rest.

For anyone switching to panels not supported, if you have PHP knowledge or know someone who does, you can build custom modules for WHMCS using the docs available @ http://wiki.whmcs.com/

Matt

VDSmanager is currently actively used by many providers as an alternative to HyperVM. I believe you should start developing from VDSmanager first, since it is currently being used already. The polls don't mean much, but the population using it is the deal.

I like how the team(?) from Cloudmin is actively seeking every way to support everybody's needs. I'm seriously warming to them.

Can anybody explain the difference between Cloudmin and Virtualmin?

Id recommend asking at their site, but basically cloudmin is for VPS magement and VirtualMin is for shared hosting, like cPanel, etc.

VDSmanager is currently actively used by many providers as an alternative to HyperVM. I believe you should start developing from VDSmanager first, since it is currently being used already. The polls don't mean much, but the population using it is the deal.

I doubt you will really find to many quality companies using them. I sure wouldnt and I am not making that choice based on price, but on the quality of their system and support (its poor).