DistributeIT Sync 1.0

Hi Laurence,

Just looking at the 'readme' files tells me the how, but not the what.

Obviously it queries domain expiry dates, and updates them.

I see no output template.

Is this a function that is also/could be called from frontend/admin dir/externally

Is the security for this ok, eg clients/others can't access?

Cheers

It is a module that syncs up the "Expiry Date" and "Next Due Date" (if you tell it to) for any domains registered with DistributeIT.

It is similar to the NEO and eNom ones. This means it works only as a cron job, and it doesn't take user input. It only sends back the domain name and expiry date info.

This module is brilliant. I've just had a few customers bring a whole bunch of domains over to us, with no real way of being sure as to the original registration date, the renewal date etc etc.

The Distribute.IT sync module has solved all that for me. Great work!

KErry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just downloaded the zip file in the first post - but there is no readme.txt - no instructions of any kind.

I only found one file named: distributeitsync

Am I missing something?

Extracting the files from the ZIP will result in a "distributeitsync" folder being created, containing the files needed and the readme.txt

As described in the readme:

Just upload the "distributeitsync" folder into your WHMCS folder and set up a cron job to call distributeitsync.php (no special parameters are needed, but you should set cron to e-mail you the output)

Hay CP, which echo command in particular?

The following lines in distributeitsync.php are the ones I commented out:

echo "\nDomain (Expiry Date)\n--------------------------\n";

echo "$mydomainname (Set to $expires_date_for_db, Next Due to $expires_date_for_db)\n";

echo "$mydomainname (Set to $expires_date_for_db)\n";

echo "$mydomainname (ERROR: Could not get expiry date)\n";

echo "\n";

This way the script runs, and just gives a blank output.

• 2 weeks later...

7-zip finally got it open but talk about complicated. XP, WinZip and WinRAR couldn't open it beyond a single file.

I've never had to open a compressed file in that way ever and I've worked in the IT business since 1993 and with computers since 1983.

Anyways, I've rebuilt the compressed file to make it easier for anyone else in the same boat. Whats more, it actually is small enough to attach here.

distributeitsync.zip

7-zip finally got it open but talk about complicated. XP, WinZip and WinRAR couldn't open it beyond a single file.

I've never had to open a compressed file in that way ever and I've worked in the IT business since 1993 and with computers since 1983.

Anyways, I've rebuilt the compressed file to make it easier for anyone else in the same boat. Whats more, it actually is small enough to attach here.

Weird. XP opens it fine on my end. What version are you using?

Weird. XP opens it fine on my end. What version are you using?

XP Pro SP3 with IE7

What was weird was having to decompress a file with no logical file extension after it was extracted from the main compressed file. I've seen compressed files inside of other compressed files before but not like this and the fact that it took trying 4 different decompression programs to finally get the files out to a readable format was even weirder.

Personally I prefer the KISS principle. It makes things so much easier to understand and work out.

XP Pro SP3 with IE7

What was weird was having to decompress a file with no logical file extension after it was extracted from the main compressed file. I've seen compressed files inside of other compressed files before but not like this and the fact that it took trying 4 different decompression programs to finally get the files out to a readable format was even weirder.

Personally I prefer the KISS principle. It makes things so much easier to understand and work out.

It was just a folder inside a ZIP, which makes it even weirder.

I use DIT myself and would love a script/cron to synchronise prices for domain names as prices have fluctuated lately.

Any suggestions before I look at the APi myself?

Cheers

Tony

BTW the script works a treat, thanks.

Edited by texhead

actually - i found that if you unzip the original, then name the file that came out with a .zip extension, you can unzip it AGAIN and then the files come out - WEIRD!

That's because everything is inside a folder, inside a ZIP. Which is a perfectly standard format, but it seems some crappy ZIP programs like "WinZIP" do not handle this well. PowerArchier, 7-zip, and even the Windows menu command "Extract All" work fine (tested and confirmed).

• 4 weeks later...
Great idea, I would like to see this one as well!

As it works now, the addon checks only domains flagged as Active. Perhaps I could make it check for "Pending Transfer" domains and use the DIT API to see if they are Active with them. If so, I could simply make it update the status in WHMCS to "Active". Thoughts?