Wanted: BETA testers for new mod

Blazr

I have just finished making a mod which I think would be very useful to the WHMCS community.

I am looking for BETA testers for it. Each BETA tester will get a free copy of the mod.

What I noticed with my ex-customers is that many of them did not change the nameservers once they decided to cancel the hosting account. Many of their websites showed default cPanel pages and some showed nothing. I noticed this and decided an addon was needed.

This mod looks for terminated cPanel accounts in WHMCS and parks them on a special cPanel account automatically. All of the domains that are parked on this account will show the same site.

Benefits of this addon:

*More traffic & sales, you can place links and banner ads on these websites for your web hosting company

*Higher PR, domains that have a high PR will pass on a lot of PR juice to your website.

*No more default cPanel pages

Here is an example of what I've done with this addon. When the owner of this website decided to terminate the account, it was automatically parked by the addon.

That site is now a simple page explaining what happened to the website. It generates banner impressions for me and passes link juice. You can add whatever you want to these pages with this addon.

Requirements:

* a cPanel account, to park the domains on

* a cron job, must run around 1 hour after the WHMCS cronjob

Issues:

* This addon does not work correctly with companies that have more than 1 cPanel server.

If you are interested in becoming a BETA tester for this addon, send me a PM and include the following information:

* Your WHMCS version

* Your cPanel version

Thanks for reading!

Just a note for anyone interested in the mod, the above example iran90.com will no longer work as the customer actually visited the domain, saw the error and re-ordered the hosting account.

I'll find one of my spare domains and use it for an example. But its brilliant to know a mod I created 2 days ago has already got me a sale :)

Yes please, by limiting it to hosts with just one server, you're cutting out most people here.

I obviously don't know how you've got this setup but creating a parking account on each server wouldn't be a problem if it made it any easier.

Yes please, by limiting it to hosts with just one server, you're cutting out most people here.

I obviously don't know how you've got this setup but creating a parking account on each server wouldn't be a problem if it made it any easier.

Yeah, having a parking account on every server would actually be a requirement.

I've actually thought about this, and it would actually be better if I created a separate script for multiple servers, as SQL queries would have to change, etc.

Have you got an ETA and a price on this? Looking to get asap

I've sent you a PM.

ETA: less than 1 week

Price: $15 once off

If anyone is interested in purchasing a pre-release, let me know via PM.

Edited by Blazr

Yes, this something I would like to have as well, multi server. Also other server types besides cPanel would be of great interest to me.

Yeah, having a parking account on every server would actually be a requirement.

I've actually thought about this, and it would actually be better if I created a separate script for multiple servers, as SQL queries would have to change, etc.

We use cPanel DNS standalone server for our clustered setup. Any domain pointing to these nameservers will have the account automatically pointed to the server their account is on (out of all the servers we've). So, I assume we'll need to create just one account on either server for this to work, once this feature is available? If so, I'm definitely interested and I'll be one of you first buyers to check the module. :

We use cPanel DNS standalone server for our clustered setup. Any domain pointing to these nameservers will have the account automatically pointed to the server their account is on (out of all the servers we've). So, I assume we'll need to create just one account on either server for this to work, once this feature is available? If so, I'm definitely interested and I'll be one of you first buyers to check the module. :

Yes, the multi-server version of this addon will work under these situations, I will release in about a month.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I don't know if you are still following this thread. I need something like this. But script should check if the new domain exist in server DNS zone as addon domain or as parked domain. IF NOT - then it should point domain to server 'global' park page.

Why? Because the clients main domain, obivisly, always have its cpanel account created by WHMCS. In this way it would be automatically done.

Possible?

Cheers!