CAUTION OF REGISTERFLY

TheGamer

I will NOT be using RegisterFly as my reseller like I originally had planned to...

Up until today, I thought RegisterFly wasn't all that bad. Maybe just a somewhat inmaturely ran company...

This morning when I got up, around 30 of my domain names had disappeared from my account. About 10 of them were/are AVAILABLE FOR REGISTRATION.

I bought these names less than a month ago, now they are on the market and can be snatched by anyone. I talked to a guy at RegisterFly and he told me to re-register them because something went wrong. I always heard about this happening to RegFly customers, but I've been with them since 2000 and this was the first REAL big problem I had with them. I told the guy I wasn't paying again for something I already registered. Its not my fault that they probably didn't pay their upstream registrar or whatever.

The tech support foreigner guy told me that maybe the domains never registered. Well they did because I had actual sites published on about 3. :P

As of now they are supposed to be reregistering all my missing names, free of charge. Thats all fine, but when I have 389 domains there could be many going unnoticed for a long time. If I make a business out of the reseller program, this can't be happening to my clients names.

Fact the matter is, I CANNOT have this happening as a reseller, when it's not just MY names that are disappearing!

I will be trying to use eNom.

What is everyone's thoughts on eNom?

Yes I have had problems with RegisterFly in the past also and I still contiunue to this day to get a renewal notice for a domain that I use to have registered through them three years ago. I transfered that domain three years ago and every year I still kept getting a renewal notice from RegisterFly telling me to renew it. I wrote to them many times telling them that I keep getting these notices and that I do not have the domain registered through them. I never got a reply from them and I still keep getting renewal notices.

Does that tell you how well they keeps tabs on there services.

eNom is definately the way to go...

There are some places that offer enom reseller accounts free (register domains for $8.95) or you can purchase a $6.95/year reseller account... such as with DomainsBay ($200)

http://www.domainsbay.com/superreseller.php

If you're interested in one of the $8.95 reseller accounts, I can set you up...

are there any cautions with useing a reseller such as these, i am under modernbill at $7.95, but thr $6.95 and $200 would more than pay for itself with all my domains.

enom is my suggestion, i am slowly moving everything over from bluerazor.com to enom.

there is a current bug with the enom system duplicating the email address if the client trys to update it using the domain contact info page within whmcs, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

That's a one-time fee, and that just gets you an enom account at that price level - you will need to login and deposit money to be applied towards future domain purchases. Minimum online payment is $100 I believe, and they take like 3% of that for "convenience" but if you mail them a check/money order as I do the full amount is deposited with no fee taken out. This allows you to deposit several hundred dollars without a painfully large fee being taken :)

I would suggest keeping US $100 at the absolute minimum, more if you have a lot of sales as a single customer purchasing a domain for 10 years will take half of that!