Myob

Hi There, Just looking about to see if there is any connector or MYOB export tool for WHMCS. Does anyone know of one or know a good method to get data into MYOB? I just got my bill from my bookkeeper and it hurt! :shock: Some utility to streamline the process would be awesome!... Thanks...

Hi There, Just looking about to see if there is any connector or MYOB export tool for WHMCS. Does anyone know of one or know a good method to get data into MYOB? I just got my bill from my bookkeeper and it hurt! :shock: Some utility to streamline the process would be awesome!... Thanks...

IM looking at writing an addon for myself.

Just haven't gotten around to it.

Myob has 2 methods of inbut/output the best one is just importing Journals.

This is quite easy to do. Ill have another look at this now that there is some interest.

Here is what im thinking just so i can get some input.

Each product is assigned a income account

Each gatway is assigned a bank account.

Then the code will export jrnl enteries between these 2 accounts when the invice is accepted. Is anyone using the accural accounting method. If this is the case we may have to make a whmcs debtors account. Then the journal the transactions through it. It may sound a lil complicated but i write accounts s/ware for a living. The main question is cash accounting or non cash accounting. Single invoices that arn't assigned to a product will show as an exception and allow you to either select the code from a list of "exception accounts" or enter the myob income account (X-XXXX).

Thoughts ?

Shaun sounds like a good idea. It does sound a fair bit complicated :).

I'll be willing to help with beta testing if you want (once you do it :))

And am wondering around about how much you'll be charging for this.

Also would we be manually creating the original accounts into MYOB or would the module do that for us?

-Jeremy

And am wondering around about how much you'll be charging for this.-Jeremy

Would be less than 80AUD. Roughly Depends how long it takes.

Also would we be manually creating the original accounts into MYOB or would the module do that for us?

You will have to create account (eg Income accounts) this mod WILL NOT import customers. Why, cause there is no point duplicating the info already in your whmcs. When you goto the super market the Coles head office dosn't store that you brought a bottle of milk. They just store that that day they make $300,000 dollars ;)

Shaun, I am an accountant, so I can speak the lingo and understand what is to be done.

Can you explain perhaps what you are intending to do - how you intend to bring these invoices, amounts, customers etc into MYOB.

From what you wrote above, you are just intending to import the totals rather than individual invoices, assigning the invoices to a customer, and having that invoice open if still unpaid in WHMCS, or closed if recorded as paid in WHMCS.

Can you explain further Shaun - don't be afraid to make it complicated - I should understand it :) - i hope lol

MonkeyMagic.

I am not going to import invoices and customers into myob as this just just double entry.

Also when you change invoices in whmcs you have issues changing them in myob.

What im going to do is insert summary journals into myob.

Mostlikly create a new WHMCS debtors account.

ok, question then is, how will you post the totals.

Example. Revenue for the month is $10,000.

That Revenue is made up of say:

Linux Shared hosting: $1000

Windows Shared Hosting: $1000

Linux Reseller Hosting: $1000

Windows Reseller Hosting: $1000

Linux VPS Hosting: $1000

Windows VPS Hosting: $1000

Linux Dedicated Servers: $1000

Windows Dedicated Servers: $1000

Domain Names: $1000

SSL Certificates: $1000

So, are you going to import the totals with the break downs as above, or as one big 'Revenue'?

Additionally, I think Cash Method is a better way to go - ie. only PAID invoices are imported to MYOB.

If you go the Accrual Method, and import all invoices issued, those invoices may be cancelled, voided, changed, etc in WHMCS - then you have the issue of how to bring those changes into MYOB.

So stick to Cash Method and there is no need to worry about what happened in WHMCS - because the only thing of concern are the invoices that customers actually paid.

ok, question then is, how will you post the totals.

Example. Revenue for the month is $10,000.

That Revenue is made up of say:

Linux Shared hosting: $1000

Windows Shared Hosting: $1000

Linux Reseller Hosting: $1000

Windows Reseller Hosting: $1000

Linux VPS Hosting: $1000

Windows VPS Hosting: $1000

Linux Dedicated Servers: $1000

Windows Dedicated Servers: $1000

Domain Names: $1000

SSL Certificates: $1000

So, are you going to import the totals with the break downs as above, or as one big 'Revenue'?

Additionally, I think Cash Method is a better way to go - ie. only PAID invoices are imported to MYOB.

If you go the Accrual Method, and import all invoices issued, those invoices may be cancelled, voided, changed, etc in WHMCS - then you have the issue of how to bring those changes into MYOB.

So stick to Cash Method and there is no need to worry about what happened in WHMCS - because the only thing of concern are the invoices that customers actually paid.

Monkey if you read the first post.

Each product will be assigned to a myob account.

I like the cash method 2 but we have to be sure that some people are not using the accrual method of accounting.

ok, so each user - eg. ourselves - would be able to assign each product to a myob account - like a setup feature.

That would be awesome!

Yeah thast's it to a T.

Its the only way that makes sence cause everyone is different and has a unique chart of accounts > ; )

• 9 months later...

about time for an update.

All the inital ground work research has been done.

I now just have to find time to code it.

Im now launching another company myself using whmcs / myob so i can expect more transactions.

Therefore this is a higher priority .

• 3 months later...

I ma sure most hosting provider collect their payment in advance from customers (such as quarterly, annually, bi-annually ... etc). Hence accrual method (some called it as deferred method) is the more accurate method of recognizing the income.

• 2 weeks later...