Template Editing Issue

exia

Hi,

I was looking through the files in the /template folder and edited the homepage.tpl. However i didnt actually make any changes.

Now when i try and load my website only a blank page comes up?

I had a backup of the file and have since restored them and still im not having any luck.

The page is http://customers.exia.com.au/tempwhmcs

thanks!

I was looking through the files in the /template folder and edited the homepage.tpl. However i didnt actually make any changes.

Which of the two was it, edited or didn't make changes?

What did you open it with, and did you upload again afterwards?

hrmm tried both of those.

I've spoken to the guy that actually designed our template and we did it in the templates_c folder.. which seems to be for compiling which would kinda explain why it died once I've edited the normal templates folder.

I'm thinking ill start from scratch, well i've already got the code for the template i just need to know how to get it into WHMCS.

Is there a Wiki tutorial or something someone can link me to so I can read up on this? I had a look at the WHMCS documentation but that wasnt very helpful.

Thanks,

hrrm,

Thats really odd then.

Because at the moment any time I make a change to any of the /templates/ files it just goes blank. Even if i just touch the file to update the the modified date etc.

We were using a trial one while we were demoing, however after we realised that we can force the template from the URL we realised we could dev on our live version.

It still doesn't work on our live one unfortunately.

However we may have a solutions, it turns out that for some reason the site was done in the customer_c version so we are going to take a backup and try redoing it as a proper template in our live one.