WHMCS - Softlayer API Addon

Don't think I'll be purchasing it from you. Nothing personal, it's just that your recent history has given my doubts about the level of support for this product and this is one that sertainly needs it :)

If the module itself were encoded and the API classes were not I'd consider purchasing it.

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by my track record. What track record?

This mod is pretty simply. I think a 3yr could do it.

It is pretty basic

1. Log into your *Softlayer Portal*.

2. Click *User Administration*.

3. Click *API Access*.

4. Select the user you want to generate an API key for.

5. Click *Generate* .

6. Copy key.

7. Open up the file called *sl.servers.php*, This file can be found in the zip file we provided in your clients area.

8. Place key in correct area.

9. Upload file to the server using an FTP client.

Make sure the user has permissions to the hardware.

Installing:

Copy contents of "Admin Mod" folder dir to /modules/admin/

copy contents of inclues to /includes/

Update: /whmcs/moudles/includes/admin/Softlayer_Server_Control/sl.servers.php with the correct values

I was the developer that created the mod for corehoster that they onsold.

Obviously i wasn't going to release anything because they brought the code to release.

The fact that they have gone under does not supprise me.

If anyone would like the core code please contact me via email and we can work something out. I have created core API classes for Softlayer and Lime Network, i don't have the time to develop the code further however i would be willing to sell the existing code (royalty free) if someone wishes to pick this up for commercial release.

We are interested in maybe taking this over and putting professional development behind this. That is assuming you have legal right to do this.

Thanks,

Anthony

Hello,

I am not sure what you mean by my track record. What track record?

This mod is pretty simply. I think a 3yr could do it.

It is pretty basic

1. Log into your *Softlayer Portal*.

2. Click *User Administration*.

3. Click *API Access*.

4. Select the user you want to generate an API key for.

5. Click *Generate* .

6. Copy key.

7. Open up the file called *sl.servers.php*, This file can be found in the zip file we provided in your clients area.

8. Place key in correct area.

9. Upload file to the server using an FTP client.

Make sure the user has permissions to the hardware.

Installing:

Copy contents of "Admin Mod" folder dir to /modules/admin/

copy contents of inclues to /includes/

Update: /whmcs/moudles/includes/admin/Softlayer_Server_Control/sl.servers.php with the correct values

I said nothing of your track record. What I meant was that a mod like this needs to be backed up all the time by developer(s) that can continually work on it. What happens if SL changes their API again? Are those who purchase it SOL?

That's why I commented on the API classes being unencoded as in the worst case scenario if SL changed their API and you didn't release updates someone could still modify them to plug right back into it :)

Nothing personal Corehoster but during the last few weeks, I tried as well to contact you by all means. You never replied any my emails (to date 8-10), you are never online on MSN, your new company Hostlynx is less existent as your previous, nobody answer the emails, Online Chat support is always offline. It sure was an interresting product but your lack of support is definitively not a good argument to sell it.

RE: Ownership of the Code.

Corehoster has been given permission to re release the code (we will leave it at that).

Kadeo will not be supporting the code in anyway through corehoster as we have chosen to continue doing business with corehoster, in which ever form it is in.

Corehoster has been given permission to re release the code (we will leave it at that).

Kadeo will not be supporting the code in anyway through corehoster as we have chosen to continue doing business with corehoster, in which ever form it is in.

Alright I guess we'll see what happens :)

I said nothing of your track record. What I meant was that a mod like this needs to be backed up all the time by developer(s) that can continually work on it. What happens if SL changes their API again? Are those who purchase it SOL?

That's why I commented on the API classes being unencoded as in the worst case scenario if SL changed their API and you didn't release updates someone could still modify them to plug right back into it :)

Hello,

If it happend where softlayer or limestone changed there API and the addon no longer worked. Then we would release a new update.

Please understand that this mod was developed for our own personal use, so we are not going to let it become useless.

Thanks.

Nothing personal Corehoster but during the last few weeks, I tried as well to contact you by all means. You never replied any my emails (to date 8-10), you are never online on MSN, your new company Hostlynx is less existent as your previous, nobody answer the emails, Online Chat support is always offline. It sure was an interresting product but your lack of support is definitively not a good argument to sell it.

Hello,

Please under stand that i have nothing to do with Hostlynx. They simply took over the clients that is all. Any emails going to this company will not be answered as they do not own the product nor know anything about it.

If you wish to contact me, please due so by PM here.

Thanks

Not to do businesss.... one should have breakfast before doing business ;)

We purchased this module back on Sun 3/15/2009 1:35 PM for $29.99 and even went as far as purchasing the Addon: 1/yr Free Updates for an additional $15.00.

On Sat 4/25/2009 6:31 AM we contacted Corehoster via there "Support System" because the module stopped working, well it never really worked to begin with so we wanted to ask them for there support.

On Sat 4/25/2009 3:38 PM we received a response from someone with:

"Hi, We are currently not supply this software I'm afraid".

We requested a full refund due to the module not being available or supported after less than 30 days of use...

A short time later on Sat 4/25/2009 3:41 PM we received the following reply to our ticket.

"HI, This software was supplied by the old owner. I would suggest filing a Paypal dispute to get a refund Rus".

After placing a complaint with PayPal on Sat 4/25/2009, our complaint was denied due to:

"We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

On Fri 5/1/2009 11:24 PM we provided this information to Corehoster and there response was:

"Hello, This product will be removed from our ordering system shortly, and any orders placed from 4/28/09 onward would be refunded immediately as we would obviously not be furnishing anyone with the product. Unfortunately, we have no control over this software in the least bit, as it was provided personally by the old owner, otherwise we would offer any help that we could. You are more than welcome to file any complaints against the individual that sold you this software, you would have his contact information on your invoice. Any legal threats to us will be handled by our lawyer directly.

Thank you,

Wayne R."

I went as far as notifying WHMCS forum Staff of my experience with this module purchase to possibly close this thread so no other forum member would be caught purchasing this module and have no support for it. Because at the time of my complaint the module's link in the original posters signature was valid and is still in his signature even though the link is dead. I was advised that until they heard back from corehoster and received his/her side of the story there was not much they could do.

We basically wrote this off as a bad business purchase and moved on. Now I see the thread is alive and well. I sure hope this new CoreHoster member, "If its the same person" can make good on his module and support our purchase.

If that is truly the case then, I think you all just selected our next module that we will develop and support. We had already been playing with the idea. Then I saw this thread. Once I finish the additions to the Virtuozzo Automation module I will put together a timeline for what we can do for a softlayer API.

Thanks,

Anthony

We purchased this module back on Sun 3/15/2009 1:35 PM for $29.99 and even went as far as purchasing the Addon: 1/yr Free Updates for an additional $15.00.

On Sat 4/25/2009 6:31 AM we contacted Corehoster via there "Support System" because the module stopped working, well it never really worked to begin with so we wanted to ask them for there support.

On Sat 4/25/2009 3:38 PM we received a response from someone with:

We requested a full refund due to the module not being available or supported after less than 30 days of use...

A short time later on Sat 4/25/2009 3:41 PM we received the following reply to our ticket.

After placing a complaint with PayPal on Sat 4/25/2009, our complaint was denied due to:

"We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

On Fri 5/1/2009 11:24 PM we provided this information to Corehoster and there response was:

I went as far as notifying WHMCS forum Staff of my experience with this module purchase to possibly close this thread so no other forum member would be caught purchasing this module and have no support for it. Because at the time of my complaint the module's link in the original posters signature was valid and is still in his signature even though the link is dead. I was advised that until they heard back from corehoster and received his/her side of the story there was not much they could do.

We basically wrote this off as a bad business purchase and moved on. Now I see the thread is alive and well. I sure hope this new CoreHoster member, "If its the same person" can make good on his module and support our purchase.

Hello,

I am sorry for the troubles and the past experience you have had using our module.

on Apirl 18-20th our server was raided and the company was handed over to a new owner, however the company was re-branded to a different name as the Core Hoster name was not for sale.

Now the reason why the module stopped working is because our licensing system was down.

We are working now and will have this up within the next couple of day.

Please PM me your paypal addy and i will see to issuing you a refund. We will also provide you with a copy of the module free of charge.

Guys i promise support will be alot better and things like this will not happen in the future.

I will also look into getting V3 of this module out which will support the ticket system and billing system.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...