Remove toplogo.gif from admin area

neobug103

I know this has been discussed before however I would like to ask once again if this were possible. Not to hide the fact that we are using whmcs from our employees but to save space, that image uses a a crapload of wasted space that unnecessarily increases the page length and makes everybody scroll more. You can keep the "whmcs" title and keep the "whmcs" footer and replace the image with "whmcs" too, all I ask is if there was some way we could take down that image or minimize it so we can recoup some of that wasted space and thus make using the billing system a little bit easier for us all.

I just did a replace in the template file for that page, to put my logo file in place of the stock one in the Client Area. In the Admin, I replaced the default logo with my own, too.

Simple: Use Firefox, Install Firebug, restart, open the page, F12 to launch Firebug, click inspect, and highlight the top banner area. Firebug will tell you the CSS to edit and the file name to replace.

Maybe you won't mind giving up the space so much as long as the logo is your own?

Maybe you won't mind giving up the space so much as long as the logo is your own?

Well, anybody can change the logo, that wasn't really the point of the thread though. We don't need to brand our logo, nor whmcs to our employees. Just trying to make it easier and faster to navigate whmcs

Edit /whmcs/admin/images/logobg.gif which is currently a 8x90px spacer image.

I made mine white in photoshop. Reduce it to whatever size you want it to be (same as your logo height).

Best still, for no visible logo, make it 1X1px and coloured white and edit the /whmcs/admin/images/toplogo.gif to be the same size and colour.

;) You gain up to 89px using this method.

Edited by redrat

Yes, we have already done that and somebody previously mentioned that. However once again, the topic of this thread is not about changing the logo, nor making the space a wee bit smaller. It's about removing the wasted space all together. The only way this is going to be possible is if Matt adds another tpl file that will allow us to edit this, or provide an option to minimize/conceal the logo/space.

If everybody is in favor of this, please reply to this thread, hopefully we will get enough people to convince Matt

Edited by neobug103

That is what it does if you measure it. The space is completely eliminated all except for 1 pixel. :) That space is set by the dimensions of the spacer image /logobg.gif which is 90 pixels in height not by the height of the logo which is in any case less. Unless you edit the /logobg.gif removing the logo will achieve little. It sounds like that is all you have done. I have just given you the full solution. ;)

Repeat:

1. /logobg.gif must be 1x1px

2. /toplogo.gif must be 1x1px

That is two files to edit not just one.

The .css file is not use to control that particular space. It is only determined by the size of the images inside it. Change those and you change that space.

Edited by redrat

• 2 months later...