Mirating from elsewhere - Billing History

Bloory

Hi,

I'm looking at using the importers from multiple ClientExec and WHMAP installs to a single WHMCS, which generally works well in testing (apart from countries)

What's the best was to resolve billing history? I can create an invoice for past charges - I don't want to send hundreds of invoices out to clients, just to record their past billing in WHMCS.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,

Jon

What worked for me was to add the previous records in manually for each client.

I go to: Clients -> Transactions

then add in the previous records, one at a time. I did learn not to add in invoice numbers, as those get listed somehow as a WHMCS invoice. Instead I prepend the previous invoice number with the previous billing system, in our case, because we used Lpanel, I add "LP-001." Since that's not a recognized numbering format for WHMCS, it seems to do the trick.

• 9 months later...
  • WHMCS CEO
What happens with clients who are paying monthly but who have not had an invoice generated for a time e.g. pay monthly but no existing invoice since June....

Thanks

After that one is paid, on the next cron run, the next will be generated.

Matt

I don't quite understand the logic on the order page within the admin area.

If I create the order when using pro-rata billing I get the first invoice generated correctly to pro-rata to my rules. However on the products and services tab, the next due data is today? Should this be 1st November if that is when the next invoice will be due (albeit raised earlier in accordance with my rules).

I decided to create one invoice for their service to date and then bring the client into line in the new system (I can apply part payments, which is great). I'm just unsure which bits to edit - obviously the invoice lines to correct the date and amount. Should the invoice date and due date be changed - which one does the system use for reminders and suspension?

What about the next due date? Should I change the first payment amount to be the balance on this ammended invoice?

When applying payments, would WHMCS normally apply the transaction fees (I use WorldPay)?

I know there's lots of questions, I'm keen to get on and learn this great new system.

TiA

I know there's lots of questions, I'm keen to get on and learn this great new system.

You'd probably get better results asking this question by itself, or finding a topic that's related to the question(s) you have. This one is about migrating from a different billing system, and the issues with the import scripts. ;)

What's the best was to resolve billing history? I can create an invoice for past charges - I don't want to send hundreds of invoices out to clients, just to record their past billing in WHMCS.

Was the part I was interested in. Ah well, I'll take it to the helpdesk and not work with other users.