My very very simple Joomla "Integration"

I'm using joomla 1.5 and the latest WHMCS. My domain is datawebusa.com and both applications are hosted under that domain. The domain has a SSL certificate.

I started by creating a WHMCS order template that had no background color and no header.

Then I created a menu item in joomla as a wrapper and pointed the wrapper link directly to that specific template. For how to call specific WHMCS templates and order forms within the URL, see below.

With joomla 1.5, I am able to checkoff "SSL" for the wrapper menu item, so the entire order and checkout process is secure.

My web site is still in the making, but you can go to http://www.datawebusa.com and click on the Packages link to see the wrapper in action.

To switch templates within the URL:

With the release of V3.2.2, it is now possible to change the template that your system uses very simply via the URL. You can do this for both the main system template and the order form allowing you to display different brands depending on where the user comes from and different order forms depending on which products are being ordered.

Some examples of how to use this feature are shown below:

* Display the homepage with the portal template

index.php?systemtemplate=portal

* Display the order form with the single page template

order.php?ordertemplate=singlepage

* Link directly to order a product using the default system template & boxes order form template

order.php?step=2&pid=1&systemtemplate=default&ordertemplate=boxes

Hope this helps.

Web-hosting for Vegetarians?

That's a bit discriminatory toward those that eat meat isn't it? ;)

Seriously though, under packages, the link continues to show as https://www.datawebusa.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=61, so it doesn't appear as though you can show direct access to each product (and therefore template) via url whilst wrapped.

Or am I missing something?

It's not bad but there is one thing that I really do not like about your site to do with navigation; the lack of it. When you get to your shopping cart section there is no link to go anywhere else. My own reaction to that were I to be a prospective customer would be to resent it and leave the site immediately. It is extremely annoying.

I don't know whether this is a temporary oversight on your part or a heavy-handed sales tactic to keep people focused on only being able to purchase from you with no other option such as further browsing, etc. If the latter, I assure you, it backfires dramatically. Either way, I suggest that you fix it quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My site is new and I have currently been developing WHMCS in a joomla wrapper and wondering if anyone has come up with a simple solution of adding a product to the cart from a button/link in a joomla article. Any ideas?

I find the wrapper issue rather restrictive.

Peter

AvenueCdesign.com

Tried accessing datawebusa but couldn't pull up the packages, are they running yet? I was interested as we do something similar.

We use joomla 1.5 and use the wrappers - in some instances direct to the cart and in others to the individual product. The ones for the products are usually promos or for partners (affiliates)- where we have created a specific product for a promo and/or hidden the promo code and affiliate code in the page so prospects don't need to fill it in. We've also changed the ordering process to a dropdown choice on page 1, member details on page 2, pay. This is of course for single item ordering and skips the shopping cart.

We also have different nav bars for some partners - in fact until the browser is closed we can limit them from going to the rest of the site (including our homepage).

To see what I mean, take a look at http://www.zuumedia.com and http://www.zuumedia.com/teamrewards

Personally, been very happy with the way it worked - only drag was having to customise the css in whmcs as opposed to using those in joomla but that's not a whmcs or joomla problem, they're different systems.

Nabil

That looks ok. You should tweak the CSS so it could match the rest of your site. For some reason when clicking on the button there is a slight lag which I find odd. Maybe it's a hosting thing.

The opening of WHMCS in a wrapper is ok, but I am looking to create links within articles that automatically add the product to the WHMCS cart. The problem is calling WHMCS while it resides in an iFrame. I am having trouble figuring that out.

I hope I will come across it someday.

Is anyone out there with ideas??

Well thanks to this thread it gave me a rather basic understanding of what I needed to do.

Check this thread out

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=13767&mode=linear

And view the source.

It was a matter of putting the correct link to the product ID code in the correct link. I was trying to put it in the article ID call instead of the URL to call. DUH!

Pete