Email only accounts

cyberstrider

I'm trying to set up a few Email only accounts within whmcs and cpanel. With the email forwarding accounts this is easy... however I am stuck when it comes to setting up email only accounts that have mailboxes.

How do I specify in whmcs and cpanel how much mailbox space and bandwidth the account gets?

Let's say I want to create an account with 2 mailboxes with a total of 100MB space...

If if put 100MB into the 'space' setting for the account, I am still able to get into cpanel (as a customer) and set up mailboxes with 250MB space each. Even if I put 0MB into the 'space' setting for the account, I am still able to set up mailboxes with 250MB space allocation each.

So I am lost... where may I specify the space available to the mailboxes so that the customer can not create larger mailboxes than I wish them to?

How does one specify the bandwidth usage on mailboxes?

Regards

Denesh

The space available to the mailboxes comes from the overall disk allocation for that package - so if you specified the package as having 100Mb, then the total disk space that can be sued by all mailboxes in total is 100Mb or less - whats it lets you set as the "quota" if > thatn the disk allocation is ignored, if < the disk allocation it acts as a 2nd restriction.

Thanks for that - just a bit confusing when the space allocation is listed in both whmcs as web space quota. :-)

Another thing what is confusing - say in the package I have created in whmcs I say 100MB web space quote, for the exact same package in cpanel the Quota tends to be written as unlimited, even though I would have put in 100MB manually. Is this normal?

What abut the bandwidth? Does no one measure bandwidth usage on emails or is that all for web and mail too?

Finally, when I put in a disk space quota.. on an email hosting and web forwarding only account, how would I prevent someone from uploading and using the space for their web site hosting on the server?

say in the package I have created in whmcs I say 100MB web space quote, for the exact same package in cpanel the Quota tends to be written as unlimited, even though I would have put in 100MB manually. Is this normal?

No, it means you have a mismatch between the package details in the two systems.

What abut the bandwidth? Does no one measure bandwidth usage on emails or is that all for web and mail too?

Its bandwidth for the *account* it includes web, email, ftp etc

Finally, when I put in a disk space quota.. on an email hosting and web forwarding only account, how would I prevent someone from uploading and using the space for their web site hosting on the server?

Dont give them FTP access ?

Cron job to count the files in their home area and invoice for an "upgrade" ?

Dont create a piblic_html area and edit the httpd.conf to load their forwarding page from elsewhere ?

Dont give them FTP access ?

Cron job to count the files in their home area and invoice for an "upgrade" ?

Dont create a piblic_html area and edit the httpd.conf to load their forwarding page from elsewhere ?

Yes, I understand all that - and I guess this is a manual thing that one needs to do.. I was looking for an automated way of doing it. ;-)

Is there an automated way of doing it - so that it is set up without any of the public_html directories etc when the customer signs up?

I'm thinking maybe you can turn off access to cpanel options (ftp/file manager) for that account with a new features list in whm. Then set that feature list to that email only package.

Not sure, just an idea?

If this helps lemmeee know as I plan to create email only accounts but not sure how to set it up yet in whmcs.

Jeff

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking maybe you can turn off access to cpanel options (ftp/file manager) for that account with a new features list in whm. Then set that feature list to that email only package.

Not sure, just an idea?

If this helps lemmeee know as I plan to create email only accounts but not sure how to set it up yet in whmcs.

Jeff

In WHM you can set cPanel options with Feature Manager. You can limit what comes up in cPanel to JUST the mail options. However...I don't know how to get WHMCS to see the feature in WHM.