Do Not Display Response within Support Ticket Emails

davet

Is there a way for WHMCS to not email the ticket response which was added? There are sometimes important info we need to send back to the customer which we do not want sent via email. Instead we'd like for WHMCS to just send a message that states a response has been made to the ticket and that they need to click the link to login and view the message.

Since we're using SSL it's much safer for them to login to view the response rather that have the response emailed to them.

Is this possible?

You can edit the Support Ticket Response template, delete the [Message] variable and/or add delete any of these variables:

[CustomerName] Contact Name

[TicketID] Ticket ID (eg. 512425)

[Department] Department

[DateOpened] Date Ticket Opened

[subject] Ticket Subject

[Message] Message

[status] Ticket Status

[Priority] Priority

[TicketURL] URL to View Ticket

[TicketLink] Link to View Ticket

[systemCompanyName] Your Company Name

[ClientAreaLink] Link to Client Area

[signature] Default Email Signature

Regards

I was wondering if this could be an option within the support ticket system. The majority of the time we want the response to be emailed to them, but sometimes we need the customer to login to view the ticket. It'd be helpful if WHMCS had a checkbox under the REPLY section of the ticket such as "Include Reply in Email" which could be checked or unchecked.

this would be an interesting option.

i modified the email template not to display the message but to require login in order to read the response.

i did this because some traffic monitors were registering the visits to the ticket pages, making them public by doing so.

but there is a catch here: if someone opens up a ticket for the sales department (which doens't require user registration) he gets the ticket reply asking him to log in... and of course he can't because he's not a registered user.

this would be an interesting option.

i modified the email template not to display the message but to require login in order to read the response.

i did this because some traffic monitors were registering the visits to the ticket pages, making them public by doing so.

but there is a catch here: if someone opens up a ticket for the sales department (which doens't require user registration) he gets the ticket reply asking him to log in... and of course he can't because he's not a registered user.

If the support department does not require user to login before submitting a ticket, the ticket URL [TicketLink] in the email template will work as the key for the unregistered user to see the ticket without login.

• 2 months later...
You can edit the Support Ticket Response template, delete the [Message] variable and/or add delete any of these variables:

[CustomerName] Contact Name

[TicketID] Ticket ID (eg. 512425)

[Department] Department

[DateOpened] Date Ticket Opened

[subject] Ticket Subject

[Message] Message

[status] Ticket Status

[Priority] Priority

[TicketURL] URL to View Ticket

[TicketLink] Link to View Ticket

[systemCompanyName] Your Company Name

[ClientAreaLink] Link to Client Area

[signature] Default Email Signature

Regards

What is the name of this file I have to edit? What folder is it in?

I figured out how to remove {$ticket_message} from the "Support Ticket Reply" Email Template but how do i remove it from the message that gets emailed to the admins when a ticket is open or responded to by a customers?

I'd still like an email sent to the admin when a ticket is opened or responded to by a customers... but I don't want it to include {$ticket_message}

I don't see an email template for this nor could I find anything in the MySQL database for this.

Any ideas?