How To: Add Hosting to Cart from My Domains?

Hey Folks,

For a customer that presently has a domain, but no hosting plan for the domain, is there an Link we can use to place the Domain into the cart for receiving a hosting package?

Worded differently, since there is not an Upgrade path in the My Domains area which transitions the customer into purchasing an Addon (hosting), does anyone have a suggestion on how to implement this ourselves?

Thanks Much

Heya, thanks for the response.

Ya, was hoping there was a more streamlined method. For example, if they're already examining the domain details a button/link which would bypass the initial cart step of entering of the domain name. For some "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" is pretty 'Greek' -- Oh well...all good--thanks

Redundant,

I'm a new user of WHMCS and miss that 'feature' as well - only makes sense for the customer to convert his domain only product to a full hosting/vps product.

I personally believe one should be able to to into the domain details, and be able to "upgrade" to full hosting packages, and order "addon's" such SSL certs, or ID Protect/DNS Management ...etc..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm not trying to be rude, there are many people here that could work this out

but, people that need that feature should do the coding their selves as it needs testing over and over to get the correct code built from scratch,

hint: you could check the POST array after trying to do "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" in the normal way to see what are the variables passed to the next page,

and then simply create a form in the domain .tbl file with a submit button with hidden inputs with the same information from the POST array so it just jumps that 1 step.

I'm not trying to be rude, there are many people here that could work this out

but, people that need that feature should do the coding their selves as it needs testing over and over to get the correct code built from scratch,

hint: you could check the POST array after trying to do "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" in the normal way to see what are the variables passed to the next page,

and then simply create a form in the domain .tbl file with a submit button with hidden inputs with the same information from the POST array so it just jumps that 1 step.

You're not 'trying to be rude', but that is exactly what you are.

Not everyone can code the way others can code and my guess is that when people come on and say 'just do this and this' and then aren't specific about it, (ie they obviously haven't done it themselves), and when asked, ignore the thread and don't give an answer, it's quite right (and in fact should be expected) for people like me, webberoo and wiszmaster to ask if those people are just interfering in the thread for the sake of it, or if they actually do have the code or know how / if it can be coded at all. ie can they contribute anything constructive or are they just talking for the sake of it?

There are many mods here that have been coded by people who needed it, and then who shared them with others who either couldn't or hadn't done it. Many mods start out from just a thread like this.

Now, as you have entered the frame, are you one of those with the ability and willingness to offer it, or are you just piping up to be rude, with nothing constructive to offer either? And yes, I know......I'm being rude. To be honest though, you were asking for it!

in the template-- copy the entire code for the i will update nameservers later choice, and paste in into the template where you just got it.

you should now have 2 identical lines.

now in the lang file-- find orderdomainoption2, again copy this, paste in just below where you found this line, now look and see how many similar lines there are, mine has 4, so change this to orderdomainoption5, now to the right in the quotes write, something like I have a domain, or skip this step, etc.

Go back to your template,-- and make sure the new line you copied says orderdomainoption5 as well

This will allow it to function the same as if they were to choose the origional option, all you are really changing is what it says and adding another choice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even easier--- go to step 2, lang file, orderdomainoption2, and change what is found in the quotes to the right to something your non techie clients may understand better.

• 4 weeks later...