[RESOLVED] Additional Plesk account not created

When an existing Plesk client places an order for another hosting package, WHMCS claims the account has been setup on the Plesk server, but it hasn't. Only the original account is present in Plesk (both displayed correctly in WHMCS) and the domain assigned to the new second account has been added to the original account.

Both login buttons on each WHMCS hosting package logs in to the original account, the second does not exist.

Another Plesk module problem:- Terminating the account does not terminate it, only one domain under the account is removed.

Is anyone else having all these problems? Looks like the Plesk module is completely wrong, only creating the account seems to work correctly. Any further commands are being applied to one domain under the account rather than the actual Plesk account.

There's quite a bit that the Plesk module won't do but I don't know if its a WHMCS or a Plesk API limitation.

It'd be great if WHMCS could upgrade/downgrade Plesk accounts in the same way that it does with cPanel. Its a pain having to update them manually.

The reason WHMCS cannot do this is because you cannot actually do this in Plesk. For example if you wanted to change a domain template from one to another the only way of doing it would be to delete the domain and recreate with the new template. The only way to change it at the moment without deleting is to increase the limits for the domain.

I believe in Plesk 9, it will be possible to change a domain template both within Plesk and via the API which means WHMCS *should* be able to automatically change it.

* Indeed changing templates in Plesk is not possible, but with Plesk Expand you can.

* Holding out for Plesk 9 is probably not a good idea. SWSoft / Parallels have a terrible history of keeping to their stated product release dates and incorporating promised updates. Plesk 9 was supposed to be out at the beginning of this year according to some roadmap slides that were going around last year. Parallels have been so busy buying up other hosting automation companies that I am sure there must be some loss of direction on the development front. Nevertheless Plesk is still a very popular product used by 1000s of web hosts and decent support would be greatly appreciated. The fact the Parallel's now also owns ModernBill is also a bit of a conflict of interest.

* I would also like to see some upgrades to the WHMCS Plesk Module. For example, I would like to see:

(a) Ability to bill Plesk traffic and disk usage overuse using WHMCS. For us this is currently a complete nightmare.

(b) Ability to create another Plesk account for the same user. Last time I spoke to Matt about this he said the Plesk API has some limitations for determining if an user is already existing in the Plesk system. Something about not being able to query on name / and / or e-mail address.

© Commercial launch WHMCS Expand module, this has already been custom developed for some WHMCS users but I see it's still not included in the mainstream release. Expand is a great product and if more WHMCS users are using it some additional development might take place.