Chargebackprotection.prg

DerekFL

Anyone use, or is interested in the use, of chargebackprotection.org? They offer a free service to report fraudulent chargebacks and to scan potential customers to determine if they are currently listed in the database.

The decision to use this database is obviously a personal one as the potential exists that someone may have their credit card information stolen and may wrongly end up in the database as a result. On the other hand it can assist with legitimate chargebacks as well.

I have developed a chargebackprotection.org fraud module for WHMCS, but am currently waiting for Matt to approve its release as some of it relies on copyrighted WHMCS files.

Would anyone be interested in this?

At the moment it piggy-backs on the Maxmind module. Maxmind checks its database first, and then chargebackprotection.org's database is checked. The option is included to turn off the chargebackprotection.org protection as well. However I JUST discovered that I can make it a completely seperate module (calling it as a seperate module may be a whole other issue, but I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow.)

Additionally I recently noticed several accounts being created in WHMCS, but without any type of product attached to them. I changed WHMCS to make the notes in the admin notes portion of the customer's account indicating exactly why the product sign-up failed, such as a Maxmind score that's too high, country mismatch, free e-mail address and so on. Also included a field where the on-scene error message includes an e-mail address (sales) to contact for additional assistance in setting up the account when the purchase is declined for fraud. Am thinking about adding an e-mail notification as well.

Here are some screen shots of what I've done so far (note some information has been removed to protect user's privacy.):

This is the client view screen from the admin panel:

admin_screen.jpg

This is where the options are configured for the module.

admin_panel.jpg

This is an example of an order that is declined because a match has been made.

order_denied.jpg

Looks awesome so far. I do think that this should definately be a seperate module though. I know its extra work, but its the right way to do it.

I like the idea of email notifications as well, just like you suggested, and I really like the admin messages log additions too.

Yeah I like I said I JUST found out that I could make it as a seperate module, but am not sure exactly how the modules are called during the checkout. Will work on it some more tomorrow and see if I can make it a 100% seperate module.

I appreciate the compliments though! 8)

Well I'll work at porting them to two seperate modules, just in case chargebackprotection.org decides to renew their domain, and will make some additional modifications to the Maxmind module. Please note, in advance, that you'll need Zend in order to run the module as they will have to be encrypted since they contain copyrighted material.

Um, i dont think my suggestion of comment was taking away anything from his effort/kindness to make the module. I have been in communication with Derek behind the scenes as well. So dont try to paint be as a bad guy because of my logical suggestion. Has absolutely nothing to do with the "hassle" of installing zend. I have nothing but respect for Derek

There's actually a very good reason that I plan to use Zend... Because that's what I have on hand. If someone wants to purchase a version of Ion Cube for me, then I'll use it.

I'm just about finished with my Maxmind improvement; however I'll be opening a new thread to discuss it.

There's actually a very good reason that I plan to use Zend... Because that's what I have on hand. If someone wants to purchase a version of Ion Cube for me, then I'll use it.

I'm just about finished with my Maxmind improvement; however I'll be opening a new thread to discuss it.

Hopefuly you will place reference to where the new topic is is this topic so we can find it.

Thanks

Hopefuly you will place reference to where the new topic is is this topic so we can find it.

Thanks

or you could search for it, or look at all dereks posts and see his most recent one, or i could just give you the link. =P

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5035