Cancellation Request

vT16

Hey,

I just have a small question about these cancellation request.. When a client puts in a cancellation request trough the client area, either immidiate or end of billing period!

Will WHMCS then terminate, and cancel the product automaticly depending on what the user chosed ? (Immidiate / End of month )

Or is it something me and my staff needs to do manually? Terminating, removing due invoices for the product, and mark the product as cancelled or ?

Thanks,

Freddy

• 1 month later...

YIKES! So if a customer has 5 domains and has a Credit Card on file, and if he wants one of them to expire, we'd have to delete it manually. I LOATH MANUALLY. :) But we'll have to delete it manually, otherwise it'll always renew automatically on his credit card. Strange that such a great program would be at version 3.6 and not have such a basic feature? Hopefully we'll see it in version 3.61 then.

I wouldn't rely on whmcs to cancel accounts, especially if they are reseller accounts noting that it only cancels the main reseller account and not any sub-accounts. Major bug if you ask me but apparently nobody seems to agree.

Cancelling, or suspending, all reseller sub-accounts would be too risky. What if the suspension or termination was a mistake? I'm sure the reseller wouldn't be too happy that not only their site went down, but also all their customers too.

Well, for my part, I'm not talking about suspending hosting at all. All I'm talking about is a customer that has 5 domain names, has stored his credit card on file so that they automatically renew on their renewal dates, and then decides not to renew one of them next year. I'm unclear on how he can have one of those 5 names not renew - how he can cancel a domain name, or elect not to have it renew?

Cancelling, or suspending, all reseller sub-accounts would be too risky. What if the suspension or termination was a mistake? I'm sure the reseller wouldn't be too happy that not only their site went down, but also all their customers too.

That is why you have cPanel backups...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

So basicly, if you have a reseller account with 100 sub accounts! Then WHMCS will only terminate the main reseller account, but not the 100 sub accounst ?

If this is the case, shouldn't there be some kind of option were the owner could choose if he only wanted the main or sub to be terminated? Or on cancellation that there is a button saying something like "Terminate all sub accounts" inside the admin area when they cancel ?