Paypal Website Payments Standard

SyntheticChaos

Pro is different than standard and is handled by one module. Standard is just paypal invoices from my understanding which is covered with the standard Paypal module for subscriptions and invoices. WHMCS also handles PayFlow Pro by paypal through a module specific for it :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I understand:

PayPal Website Payments Standard - Is just your normal PayPal, customer signs up on your site, enters all their details, it then generates an invoice and send you off to PayPal's site to pay, job done.

WORKS WITH WHMCS

PayPal Express Checkout - This is more for actual good that get shipped out as you click the button on a site, takes you straight to PayPal where you enter all the details, and then it takes you back to the site confirming the order.

NOT SURE HOW THIS WOULD WORK?

PayPal Website Payments Pro - Acts like a merchant account, when a customer signs up, they do not leave your site and enter credit card details on your site.

WORKS WITH WHMCS

does anyone know how to setup PayPal Website Payments Pro in whmcs and in paypal?

Yes, go to PayPal and apply and follow the instructions to get these:

API Username:

API Password:

API Signature:

and then enter the info into WHMCS.

Thanks, I have just done a bit of reading on what Paypal website payments pro is, but thanks for your reply.

I am stuck between ClientExec and WHMcs, but WHMcs is taking preference now.

I am just wondering how WHMcs handles PayPal payments, especially recurring ones. Does it work well? As this is the only payment method I will be offering.

Thanks

• WHMCS Developer
No, in paypal standard people don't have to create a paypal account anymore, they used to have to but that changed quite a while back.

But if one client tries to use the same card more than once, it will throw back an error saying they cannot.. but that just might be my experience,

Ok I have been continuously been trying to set this up and this is the error I got. I know I entered the info in correctly, however on the My Account page, it says Virtual Terminal instead of Website Payments Standard. Anyways here is the error I got.

TIMESTAMP => 2008-02-29T19:12:06Z
CORRELATIONID => **REMOVED**
ACK => Failure
L_ERRORCODE0 => 10501
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Configuration
L_LONGMESSAGE0 => This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Error
VERSION => 3.000000
BUILD => 520013

What am I doing wrong. I am using Website Payments Standard with the Website Payments Pro gateway.

Yes I did enter the API information in properly. I entered all the information in properly and I am 100% sure because I looked it over character by character. Anyways does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I hear other people having success using Website Payments Standard however I cannot get the same result.

• 2 years later...

If I am accepting paypal payments, and I do the paypal standard would it confuse things, one thing I don't get is, if I use the standard do I have to actually create every single package manually it doesn't actually work with the site, or am I missing something, or does that only work with paypal pro where you don't have to actually create them..

• 3 weeks later...
Ok I have been continuously been trying to set this up and this is the error I got. I know I entered the info in correctly, however on the My Account page, it says Virtual Terminal instead of Website Payments Standard. Anyways here is the error I got.

TIMESTAMP => 2008-02-29T19:12:06Z
CORRELATIONID => **REMOVED**
ACK => Failure
L_ERRORCODE0 => 10501
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 => Invalid Configuration
L_LONGMESSAGE0 => This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.
L_SEVERITYCODE0 => Error
VERSION => 3.000000
BUILD => 520013

What am I doing wrong. I am using Website Payments Standard with the Website Payments Pro gateway.

Has anyone gotten this to work? We are also using Website Payments Standard and the Website Payments Pro gateway isn't working. And people "Website Payments Standard" is NOT "the standard way to pay with Paypal", it's a payment solution similar to Website Payments Pro but used in countries such as Hong Kong.

Some help to get this resolved would really be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...