License Key Problem

GS-Richard

I've just updated my version of WHMCS to v2.5.5, and I seem to be having a few problems. My clients get this error: "License key validation failed. Please contact support." and on the admin page, I get redirected to a local key section, which I have generated and uploaded.

I have uploaded the key.php file to my root whmcs directory, but I still get the error. Whats happening? All the time my billing system is down, i'm losing money, I would like this to be sorted within the hour. I've had my license many months.

Regards,

GS

PS; I've already contacted your support department (support@whmcs.com) but I am getting no reply, its been over 2 hours now... I NEED a responce. I'm going to have to downgrade now...

Ok. It seems that now is the perfect time to switch products, I can’t run my business on software that it takes over 24 hours to get support for, that just pointless.

Can anyone recommend other billing software?

Not that i am defending the time its taken as i am not sure i would accept it, but the stated response time is actually 24 hours.

Well there are also a lot of new support tickets to get thou becuase of the new realse so give some time.

I think someones billing system being down, which basically runs the whole company, should get 100% priority on support requests. No response in 24 hours is very frightening, maybe Matt should look into hiring some support staff? He's not going to be able to support everyone on his own forever.

Agreed. I went through a licensing issue like this with ModernBill while they were on their Christmas vacation and was down for days. And let's say, god forbid, that something were to happen to Matt, then where would we be?

Well there are also a lot of new support tickets to get thou becuase of the new realse so give some time.

I think someones billing system being down, which basically runs the whole company, should get 100% priority on support requests. No response in 24 hours is very frightening, maybe Matt should look into hiring some support staff? He's not going to be able to support everyone on his own forever.

Give it time? My company in run from WHMCS, and my company runs my life, it's my Job, it pays enough to support me, my family and my support workers, having to wait 24 hours for a simple support response is damaging my company.

Try running a serious business, the kind you rely on for your income, and say that again, you simply wont be able to.

This should have been sorted in less than 3 hours.

Thanks Steve, at least someone agrees with me.

• WHMCS CEO

Hi Guys,

I am currently on a vacation after the V2.5.5 release to have some relaxation time after the build up to and release period. I am therefore only checking tickets once per day. Unfortunately, GS-Richard, I am only checking tickets and responding to the odd forum post people send a PM ticket in about so this is why I did not see your forum post about this problem. If your ticket had been submitted before 5pm yesterday then I am very sorry if I missed it in my check then. I will be looking at the ticket shortly.

And thanks for the offer of helping out guys - it would be nice to have some people for when I need a break to look after things - I think you will find however that usually the support is very good and a lot better than that received from some other completing products.

Matt

I think you will find however that usually the support is very good and a lot better than that received from some other completing products.

In my experience so far, I've found this to be true. I used to use AWBS, but switched to WHMCS a few months ago. The support from AWBS was awful. The author would try NO steps to troubleshoot ANYTHING. One day, for no apparent reason, when someone would try to log into the AWBS system, when they clicked "login", they would get nothing but a blank page. I reported this to the author, who suggested I re-upload everything. I did that and it still didn't resolve the problem. His response was "Sorry, I'm not sure what's causing this." and left it at that. He didn't looks at my site, didn't offer to log in to the admin area (Which worked perfectly) and check things out..nothing, just "Sorry".

Hi Guys,

I am currently on a vacation after the V2.5.5 release to have some relaxation time after the build up to and release period. I am therefore only checking tickets once per day. Unfortunately, GS-Richard, I am only checking tickets and responding to the odd forum post people send a PM ticket in about so this is why I did not see your forum post about this problem. If your ticket had been submitted before 5pm yesterday then I am very sorry if I missed it in my check then. I will be looking at the ticket shortly.

And thanks for the offer of helping out guys - it would be nice to have some people for when I need a break to look after things - I think you will find however that usually the support is very good and a lot better than that received from some other completing products.

Matt

Matt,

I send an email in yesterday at 10AM UK time. It has still not been answered... Sorry; but if you have no support staff, you can't create something and then leave it, you have to offer support, or else why is it pay monthly and why is it so expensive?

As stated, I would rather have a product not as good, but that has good support, even if it's more expensive.

Get sorted out... Quickly. This level of support for something such as your product is worrying.

And you will be looking at it shortly? It's nearly been 48 hours... your 46 hours too late. I expect whatever needs to be done, is done within the next hour.

Man I'll tell you GS-Richard, I own a current build of MB and WhoisCart. If you want to see expensive. Check MB, you're choke on it. Only reason I have a current build is they grandfathered in the older licenses for the newer version. Unfortunately, even though they say it's a stable release. In their forums it's refered to as still unstable. It doesn't work.... and don't even talk about Whoiscart as a viable option.

WHMCS is the best thing going but maybe it's not the application or company for you man. We would hate to see you leave the community. But we all understand that you have to do what you feel is the right thing to do for you.

Would be nice if there were other support folks. I understand and accept that WHMCS is still an upstart company. About a year now, is that correct guys? WHMCS isn't as well entrenched as MB or AP. It will be though. I'm going to hang with Matt and WHMCS myself. Hope you decide to stay also.

-Roger

I would just like to add the following:

It doesn't matter if this is an upstart company. If you pay for a product, you should be able to rely on the support for that product.

If there ins't enough staff to support the product, then there needs to be.

I am wondering, after reading this, wether I should look somewhere else...

I am having some issues that need to be resolved, it hasn't been too long, 4 hours or so..

If you really want to know the truth about it, there should be a support response time of 15 minutes. People are relying on this to run their business, and if it is down there is no business... seconds are like minutes, minutes are like hours, hours are like days....etc...

My issue is my fault, so I really can't complain. I had a trial version and didn't realize it had expired (I should have been sent an email) I purchased a paid license, logged into my account, I can see where I can download the files, but I already have them installed, I can see my new license key, but I can not for the life of me find where to download the new key so I can upload it to my server. If any of you have any ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and good luck