Admin dashboard fails to load every morning

Mike4286
Go to solution Solved by Mike4286,

Every morning between the hours of 5-7:00 am, I am not able to load the admin dashboard. It just hangs and loads forever and does not produce any errors. It just keeps "spinning" endlessly.

The only way  I could get it back working is by logging into cPanel > PHP Options > and checking/unchecking "log_errors" or "display_errors",  in which it then  immediately loads.

It's perfectly fine for the rest of the day, until the next morning.

I don't have any heavy cron jobs or backups running at this time.

I'm running PHP version 8.1 and WHMCS Version: 8.8.0

Any suggestions?

Edited by Mike4286

4 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

@Mike4286 Is your cron job running during that time, even if it's not 'heavy'? I've found that I can't login at all while the daily cron is loading. I have to either be logged in before it starts or after it finishes.

If I'm not mistaken, whmcs has a cron that runs every 5 minutes. I never have troubles after checking/unchecking log errors and the panel loads decent for the rest of the day.

I've had this problem even with PHP version 7.4.  I searched everywhere and can't figure this out : /

2 hours ago, bear said:

The 5 minute cron handles smaller tasks, while the once daily handles the larger items like invoicing and so on. 
Does the time set on the main cron match the time you have the issue, even somewhat?

The main cron runs at 5:00 am and completes at 5:03am from my logs.

I don't believe its related to cron because I have this issue almost every day (95% of time) at 6,7, 8:00 am.

Then the issue may well be simply that PHP is logging a lot of errors, or is stuck. Changing that setting in Cpanel will restart the web server (apache, etc), which clears any active session. That is likely what unsticks the process. If you have shell access and know what you're doing, you can go into shell while it won't load and see what procs are using all the resources.

19 hours ago, Evolve Web Hosting said:

That's interesting.

I came across an older community post where incorrect permissions could be causing this issue.

After checking my files, I found the configuration.php file had incorrect permissions.  After making adjustments, its been working fine now for a few days.

I will be keeping a close watch. Hopefully this works.

• Solution

With Cloudlinux manager, I found out this is a daily whmcs database backup that's causing this issue.

write(7, "INSERT INTO `tbllog_register` (`"..., 242) = 242
write(7, "INSERT INTO `tbllog_register` (`"..., 239) = 239
write(7, "INSERT INTO `tbllog_register` (`"..., 239) = 239
write(7, "INSERT INTO `tbllog_register` (`"..., 238) = 238
write(7, "INSERT INTO `tbllog_register` (`"..., 242) = 242

I now need to manually delete from the database.

Hopefully, a cleanup tool to prune tbllog_register table will be available soon.