Force hosting with domain registration

janusjuice

• 2 months later...

It would be great if this could be an option which can be enabled / disabled by the Administrator. And even more so, if it can be disabled for certain product groups, and enabled for others. For example,I don't want to have domain registrations for Web Development, SSL Certs, ADSL / Dialup / ISDN / other internet connectivity, etc

I...And even more so, if it can be disabled for certain product groups, and enabled for others. For example,I don't want to have domain registrations for Web Development, SSL Certs, ADSL / Dialup / ISDN / other internet connectivity, etc

Untick "Show Domain Options" under that package

• 5 months later...

Well, that would work :) I also like the domainchecker.php though, and to avoid registering domain names, I commented out the Order button and put in a line that said "If your domain name is available, then click here to order hosting with it!" and the link goes to to Order.php

• 10 months later...

wow well that one is bang on the money

main thing is you really want a client to host with you offer there first year of domain registration for free what is the cost on that with most resellers now a days $7.00 - $8.00 Max and average hosting plan lets say 5.95 in two of those months the domain is now purchased itself and there is still 10 months of revenue on the hosting plan, not to mention when you have great service the likliness of people leaving you after that year is next to nill just my opinion though

main thing is you really want a client to host with you offer there first year of domain registration for free what is the cost on that with most resellers now a days $7.00 - $8.00 Max and average hosting plan lets say 5.95 in two of those months the domain is now purchased itself and there is still 10 months of revenue on the hosting plan, not to mention when you have great service the likliness of people leaving you after that year is next to nill just my opinion though

My thoughts exactly.

Just a thought to be aware of if you offer a free trail period. we had a client (now ex) who ordered a hosting plan that we offered a 7 day free period the plan came with a free domain, so as per our plan we registered the domain and then after 6 days the client cancelled his account with us, we could not cancel the domain as it was over the 3 days allowed and was in the clients name, we tried to recover the domain costs, but the client ignored us. eventually nominet stepped in and revoked the domain after we presented them with all the facts, then the ex client became abusive because he lost his domain as he realised that we had the domain cancelled.