MarketConnect = An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again.

Castrico

Hello everyone, I'm opening this topic in the community because I'm having issues with MarketConnect in my WHMCS. The problem is that I want to activate some MarketConnect services, but when I try to do so, I get an error message that says "An error occurred while communicating with the server. Please try again." and I can't see any more information.

image.png.abee7db1a2049b1df6657fa2bb012548.png

However, when I inspect this error from the browser, I find this error message:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () marketconnect.php:1

And in the error log, I found the following:

[21-Sep-2023 09:38:40 America/Bogota] [WHMCS Application] ERROR: Error: Call to a member function toArray() on null in /home/mysite/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/MarketConnect/AdminController.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysite/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/MarketConnect/AdminController.php(0): WHMCS\MarketConnect\AdminController->showLearnMore() #1 /home/mysite/public_html/whmcs/adminfolder/marketconnect.php(0): WHMCS\MarketConnect\AdminController->dispatch() #2 {main} {"exception":"[object] (Error(code: 0): Call to a member function toArray() on null at /home/mysite/public_html/whmcs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/MarketConnect/AdminController.php:0)"}

I have the latest version of WHMCS, and I'm using PHP 8.1.

I appreciate any help you can provide to solve this issue.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Castrico,

Thanks for reporting those error details. This is not an error we've ever had reported before.

It appears to be related to currency configuration. Please ensure there is at-least one currency configured in Configuration > System Settings > Currencies.

Any currencies which are configured should have a valid ISO-4217 currency code. One currency must be USD.