Domain Forwarding for a non-hosted domain

FutureX

How does this work? 

I want a client to be able to forward a domain from the WHMCS client area without having purchased hosting.  I know WHMCS doesn't do this natively. 

I see this product, Advanced DNS Interface:

https://www.resellerclub-mods.com/whmcs/advanced-dns-interface.php

I use ResellerClub for registrations and my own name servers after the purchase/transfer.  I use the DigitalOcean DNS extension so the local DNS syncs with their DNS servers.  But that's when the client has hosting with us and I use Plesk on the client servers.

So in the case where the client only purchases a domain name and no hosting, do I need to keep ResellerClub's name servers for the Advanced DNS Interface to work properly?

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, FutureX said:

OK how about this:

Is it possible for a customer to purchase a domain only (no hosting) in WHMCS and have that be provisioned in Plesk as a "No web hosting" type? 

Not using the Plesk module, you would likely need a dedicated module to do that through the Plesk API. 

ModulesGarden have an addon that allows you use a cPanel, Plesk or DirectAdmin hosting account to offer Domain and Email forwarding: https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/domain-and-email-forwarding

And if we removed the Domain and Email forwarding from the equation? 

I'm really looking for a way to sell domains minus the hosting but still give the customer DNS access.

But I want it to sync with my DNS servers (DigitalOcean) so if they purchase hosting in the future everything is still in sync.

So I thought if an account could be created in Plesk that was 'No web hosting' then all would be good.

On 7/10/2023 at 8:02 PM, FutureX said:

And if we removed the Domain and Email forwarding from the equation? 

I'm really looking for a way to sell domains minus the hosting but still give the customer DNS access.

But I want it to sync with my DNS servers (DigitalOcean) so if they purchase hosting in the future everything is still in sync.

So I thought if an account could be created in Plesk that was 'No web hosting' then all would be good.

I'd suggest contacting the domain Registrar you use and ask them if they include dns/email management and forwarding. Might be an option to use whitelabel and supply your own nameservers to mask the Registrars nameservers.

Thanks for the response.  I've moved in a different direction on this problem. 

The best solution is create a 'no web hosting' account in Plesk when a customer only purchases a domain name so they get full DNS access.  that way they're using my nameservers which will be far less confusing.