Embeded Card Processing

Rob K

I understand the WHMCS has a built in card processing system.

How do I use this and which gateway is used by this system as there are so many?

Are you referring to the "offline credit card" option? All this does is collect the card information, it's then up to you to manually process this through whatever merchant account you might have set up. It doesn't use any of the gateways in WHMCS.

No not the offline.

I have seen somewhere (cant remember where) a page in WHMCS where clients can type in their card details to pay an invoice rather than being redirected to another gateway.

I assume this is only available when using a particular 'Payment Gateway', I am asking which 'Payment Gateway' it is. (payment gateway on the conf menu)

There are a few that will do this. I am currently using CDGcommerce and have nothing but great things to say about them. I have also heard ok things about BluePay. With CDG you can choose a payment gateway like Quantum Gateway (which is freee) or you can go with authorize.net ($15 /mo).

There are a lot of choices, but both provided above will allow the customer to stay on your website. Just make sure you have a good SSL.