why does _ChangePackage run twice?

PixelPaul

Hello All,

I have a module and i noticed that when there  are 2 configurable options ( in the 1 config group ) that the _ChangePackage function runs twice when the customer does the upgrade.

And the first time it runs, it has one of the option changes. The next time it runs it has both of the option changes. So it seems it runs for each option change.

Interesting tho, when i click the button "Change Package" on the admin side for the service, it only runs  the _ChangePackage function once, for all the options in one go.

So why the difference of running in twice for the customer, but once for the admin?

Edited by PixelPaul

I just tried now with 3 option changes at once as a customer, and the _ChangePackage ran 3 times. What the??? this seems like a bad process. Specially seeing as it runs once when the admin does the change package.

does anyone know how to get a function or hook, after ALL configuration option upgrades are completed? Instead of a function run for each option change?

Edited by PixelPaul

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @PixelPaul,

ChangePackage will be invoked for each line item of upgrade (in this case for each configuration option), and that before each invocation of ChangePackage the service record is updated for the value of that line items, followed by a re-read of all service values.  This means that subsequent invocations of ChangePackage always have the previous values.  This ensures there is no issue with stale data being passed in those subsequent calls to ChangePackage.