Changing From Annual To Quarterly Billing

Hi, I have a client who has recently paid for an annual hosting renewal on one of my bigger products. He now needs more space, so I have created a new package but I want this new package to only offer quarterly billing. 

If I do the upgrade on the system to this new package, how will WHMCS process the pro-rata for the annual package he has already paid for (3 months ago)? Will the system recognise the credit and then offset that against new invoices? 

5 hours ago, DennisHermannsen said:

WHMCS will automatically calculate the difference in price from the old product and the new product.

If the price difference is 10 USD and the client is exactly halfway into their billing period, they will be charged 5USD. If they have 100% left of their billing cycle, they're charged 10 USD.

Unfortunately it did not do that. WHMCS wants to charge the client the difference on the basis of an annual payment, even though I have set up the product to only allow quarterly payments. 

OK, what I did just now is I changed the client's profile to quarterly billing and ran the upgrade request. It didn't raise any invoice or show any amount due, so I am hoping that this is now correct. They should only receive a small invoice on the next quarterly bill. 

I do think that WHMCS should have figured out that the product billing cycle should take preference to the client's stored billing cycle if the client wants to upgrade to it.