Credit Card Declined

I have payments setup through Stripe.

Other customers payments/charges are going through.

I have one client that had an issue with the card being declined. We deleted and tried to add the card again but it says declined when he tries to add it. I also tried to add this card from admin manually, but it keeps saying card declined. 

• The client address matches the address on the card.
  • The card works fine ( he has purchased items with it as of today on other ecom systems)
  • He checked with the card company, they say the card is active with no issues

No idea why we cannot add the card...anyone know whats going on?

Thanks!

Check the payment transaction within Stripe it self as sometimes it provide a bit more info.   Some cards from countries in the EU and other locations have required additional authentication steps to be done and in some cases for them to specify what type of transaction can be done on a card.  So although the card may work otherwise, it could be blocked by their settings or bank - though you would think the bank would mention that.