edit css, where?

Chad

I found just two style.css files, one under /admin and other under /templates/portal. If I'm not mistaken, portal is only client side and order form, correct?

My question is, I cannot get rid of the 1px line on the bottom of the topbg2 area (menu background in admin panel) that has a solid color code of #999999. I could not even find it in either two of the admin templates nor admin css file. I'm baffled, because it isn't in my topbg2 image file either which I modified in Photoshop.

In my admin css file, the menu bottom border is even at #9EC5E5. Very confused. I attached a 2nd image of what the gray border looks like in admin panel.

Also, cannot figure out where to edit the very top admin menu that says "Welcome Back....", gray portion. Where is the code in which css/template files and what image files involved? I even tried using Firefox's Web Developer extension to trace it, got nothing :x

topbg2.gif

2.png

Oh, I see what you are talking about. You are not supposed to edit the admin template files. I assume this is so Matt and others can support you better when problems arise.

FYI, the #999999 is being generated in the HTML

<td height="39" colspan="2" background="images/topbg2.gif" style="border-bottom:1px solid #999999;">

There is no way of preventing this because the admin templates are encoded.