Send Email after a While

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You would have to save the email somehow (in a temporary file or database table) then come back and send it later.  I don't know of any built-in way to do that, sorry, I suspect you'll need to write some code.  It is possible there's a module somewhere for this.

Mailchimp will send delayed emails after signup.  If I'm right in thinking you want to send something after signup is done, hoping it's more likely to be read, I'd think a longer delay might work better.  Mailchimp can be setup to send a series of emails, which might be helpful - basically you can send emails answering questions people might have after a day or so, or things they should remember to do.  You could also advertise services in these, but for the emails to be seen as helpful they do need to have some sort of useful advice, not just be a product ad.

8 hours ago, brianoz said:

You would have to save the email somehow (in a temporary file or database table) then come back and send it later.  I don't know of any built-in way to do that, sorry, I suspect you'll need to write some code.  It is possible there's a module somewhere for this.

if you know the templated email is going to be sent automatically, maybe an EmailPreSend hook that intercepts that email before it's sent, sleeps for x minutes (php) and then allows it to be sent... or if it's not sent automatically, then a hook that uses the SendEmail APi to send it after x minutes... as the other brian suggested (you can't have too many brian's lol), if an existing solution doesn't exist, you might need to get a developer in to code this for you (that's not one for me before you ask!).