Clarification on what whmcs can do

Sjpals

Question

Hi,

I installed box billing, but I’m not sure it’s going to do what I want. I want to see what whmcs can do. I am already a hosting reseller and use whm to create accounts. I’m  currently manually bill clients. 

can whmcs ….

automatically create a whm client for hosting? Eg allocate them a password and hosting,  And then auto bill them? Or do they pay and I have to create it all manually?

enable clients to buy domains and then auto bill them before renewal?

give me the ability to add my own products as well to sell (eg custom websites).

thanks

3 answers to this question

• WHMCS Customer Service

Hi Sjpals,

automatically create a whm client for hosting? Eg allocate them a password and hosting,  And then auto bill them? Or do they pay and I have to create it all manually?

Yes, WHMCS comes with integrations to more than one platform (including cPanel) so that a hosting account or service can be provisioned automatically when an order is received:  https://docs.whmcs.com/Server_Modules

Similarly to provisioning hosting, domain names can be registered or transferred in an automated way. Here you find a list of the registrar modules that come with out our software: https://docs.whmcs.com/Domain_Registrars

give me the ability to add my own products as well to sell (eg custom websites).

Yes. If the product or service offered does not strictly fall into the web-hosting category, you may create a product as type 'Other' and use WHMCS to simply receive orders, generate invoices and reminders.

We do have some explainer videos which might help with understanding what WHMCS can do:  https://go.whmcs.com/1629/product-tour

On 1/19/2022 at 4:44 AM, Sjpals said:

Hi,

I installed box billing, but I’m not sure it’s going to do what I want. I want to see what whmcs can do. I am already a hosting reseller and use whm to create accounts. I’m  currently manually bill clients. 

can whmcs ….

thanks

Yes, WHMCS does precisely that. Your customers can register, pay, and they will automatically get their hosting account and domain, everything activated without your intervention. It will automate the entire process.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, yggdrasil said:

Yes, WHMCS does precisely that. Your customers can register, pay, and they will automatically get their hosting account and domain, everything activated without your intervention. It will automate the entire process.

thanks for the awesome information.