Kayako Integration

itsmesee

Are you using the esupport? We are planning on using Esupport on our end so we can receive emails from reseller end customers as separate departments. We can seem to do this directly in WHMCS so hopefully the kayako integration will serve as a great solution.

The end users are not aware of kayako correct?

How about the knowledgebase and other link setup, when you set up your knowledge base in kayako does it automatically appear in whmcs?

Thanks

Sorry brett, I shuda been a little clearer. I was talking about the clients are for customers. search feature in the whmcs client area only searches the internal whmcs knowledgebase but I was wondering if it shud search the kayako one after its activated.

:)

Just integrate the kayako html search form into whatever template your using and your set.

I've just downloaded the latest CVS build of Kayako to try this intergration but when a client clicks on any kayako thing (submit ticket, downloads, knowledge base) i get a complete blank screen

Any Ideas on what i've done wrong.

Could it be my absolute path?

define("SWIFTPATH", "/var/www/vhosts/hobbit-hosting.com/subdomains/support/httpdocs/");

my support site is support.hobbit-hosting.com

and WHMCS is at http://www.hobbit-hosting.com/billing

Hi Folks - I just got off a chat with Kayako support which stated they dont' have a LoginShare for WHMCS - I asked about even in the later CVS builds, and they said no, there's none.

Can you confirm differently?

Thats correct, they dont have one. AFAIK, the integration has nothing to do with login sessions and kayako. I could be wrong though. Also note that the Kayako staff isnt that bright, so I wouldnt take anything they say as fact or final.

Hi, I just intergreated with Kayako and it appears in the WHMCS drop down list in General Configuration and Support.

I select that one and save it - all works great...

However, in the WHMCS I go to Support and it all looks the same and does not pull or go to the Kayako Support Suite...

What am I missing?

1) Open integrate/whmcs/modules/support/kayako/integrate.php and change the following line to full absolute path to your Product Installation (SupportSuite/eSupport)

define("SWIFTPATH", "/home/path/to/support/");

Examples:

define("SWIFTPATH", "/home/company/public_html/support/");

I used: /home/username/public_html/ - which is our path...

2) Copy modules directory of package to root directory of your WHMCS Installation

3) Copy the templates directory of package to root directory of your WHMCS Installation

4) In WHMCS admin, navigate to General Configuration > Support and choose Kayako in the Support Module dropdown.

THIS LAST PART #5 Did not happen- why?

5) Thats it! Your WHMCS Client Area is now replaced with the SupportSuite/eSupport Frontend

I had a issue with the path casuing me an error, Matt kindly pointed me in the right direction and then the chaps over at Kayako nailed the final issue.

The only problem that have found now is that because my SSL cert covers secure.domain.co.uk when I view the support area via the WHMCS client login I get errors about secure/insecure items because the support.domain.co.uk is not covered with the SSL cert.

Im not sure of the best way around this of the top of my head.

I had a issue with the path casuing me an error, Matt kindly pointed me in the right direction and then the chaps over at Kayako nailed the final issue.

The only problem that have found now is that because my SSL cert covers secure.domain.co.uk when I view the support area via the WHMCS client login I get errors about secure/insecure items because the support.domain.co.uk is not covered with the SSL cert.

Im not sure of the best way around this of the top of my head.

thats easy, either change the url or buy another certificate for the additional subdomain or buy a wildcard cert (not worth it IMHO)

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem as hobbit666 and djmx2002 . I have followed all of the instructions included in the whmcs-integrate-howto.txt that is included in the Kayako integrate folder. I entered the absolute path in the integrate.php file and activated Kayako as the support module within the WHMCS admin. As soon as I do that and login as a client, everything support related just goes to a blank page... submit a ticket, support tickets, announcements, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...