Odd entry in ticket import log

• 4 weeks later...

So, this is happening again. It appears to be with notifications sending out from the ticket system. The App password works for outgoing, but seems to fail on incoming. Same username and password. Any ideas on how to permanently fix this? Can't really monitor things full time to see when this starts happening.

Edited by easy-hosting

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @easy-hosting,

This kind of error could be caused by a strange line in headers of an email in the mailbox to be imported.

Could you please share the full raw email message for examination? It'll be the oldest message in the mailbox blocking the rest being imported.

If the email contains sensitive data, please open a ticket with it instead.

Deleting the email will allow the rest to be imported.

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @easy-hosting,

This kind of error could be caused by a strange line in headers of an email in the mailbox to be imported.

Could you please share the full raw email message for examination? It'll be the oldest message in the mailbox blocking the rest being imported.

If the email contains sensitive data, please open a ticket with it instead.

Deleting the email will allow the rest to be imported.

Hey John,

The last time this happened there didn't appear to be an email, which I found odd. This time  there is. It's a Microsoft "MyAnalytics" email. These normally come through, so I'm guessing there is occasionally headers that the ticket importing doesn't like.

When trying to get the headers from viewing message details (outlook online) it doesn't show any information.

If it happens again I will load the account into the Outlook application and see what I get in the headers. From memory, last time it was something to do with the server name it went through during delivery. Will confirm this next time.

Cheers