Another tab under the client area?

markush

Hello I'm new here, but have searched for quite some time on the forum to try and find the answer and have not found it.

I'm trying to add another tab under "client area". The tab would be a link to a page that would list .mp3's, .jpg's, .pdf's, etc uploaded by me for only that customer when logged in.

Is this possible? Maybe someone already has code that can do this???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much

Markus

While it wouldn't protect later direct linking, you could simply add an {if $loggedin}{/if} to the "homepage.tpl" file to have a link appear if they are already logged in. This could be wrapped around the "download" link already in that area, I should think.

If you didn't mean on the front page of the client area, then that would mean they are already logged in, no? You'd still have to password protect the downloads or something to prevent direct linking.

Thanks guys for the direction. It's helping. I don't mind too much about direct linking... that would be ok. I like your thought that I could just upload files to their root folder or something but I have a problem... not all of the clients have hosting.

What about this?

Is there a half way easy way to have a direct link to a specific folder on my account per each customer in their client area?

Any thoughts woudl be appreciated!

Thanks,

Markus