View "tickets" tab, sorts oldest first

Hello,  we recently updated to version 8.2.1 and the ticket tab appears to need some tweaks. 

Any time I click on the "tickets" tab while viewing a customer, the list of tickets sort oldest to newest.  Sure this can be remedied with a click on the "last reply" column, but I'm finding extra clicks to be a pattern with the upgrade. 

Is this an expected behavior?  I've attached a screenshot.  

It would be preferred to simply have them sort automatically "active" first..... then most recent closed next etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ken

ticket_sort.JPG

I dare not upgrade - But is that not sorted by status as opposed to age? 

That'd keep "Open" at the top and probably the more desired of the two! I do agree, regardless it's certainly a pattern! It's probably because they have a "New feature" coming to choose the sorting pattern....... if you pay enough! 
On a more serious note, It should be weighted differently to display more recent ones first! Although we do open/in progress or closed and use a 3rd part support system purely because the in-built one is awful. We only actually use it for billing - It doesn't look to be doing that well with some payment gateways anymore! 

Oh such a never ending path of destruction, At least they price reasonably.... oh wait... 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:25 AM, UnwilfulExpenditure said:

I dare not upgrade - But is that not sorted by status as opposed to age? 

It is by status then by age.   It will first show ANY active ticket first (a good thing) but then it is OLDEST closed ticket next. 

So it's not just me and...well this calls for a support ticket because it sorts just fine (by default) anywhere else you gain access to tickets.

17 hours ago, xyzulu said:

Let me know how you go.

From Support:  the developers said this was "by design" and I should submit a feature request.    Strange....and dismissive?    Perhaps they didn't understand me..... So I asked them to pass to a supervisor and showed them three other areas tickets are accessed within WHMCS that sort active tickets first, then most recent closed next.    Perhaps just an initial oversight.    I'm sure they will see it's a bug.    😉

• 3 weeks later...

Follow-up on this.   The "tickets tab" from the client profile page, is designed to behave entirely differently than the default settings of all other ticket areas for sorting.   Doesn't make sense to me, but I'll just keep clicking and it'll get fixed eventually.   Moving on...... 

• 2 years later...