Allow for threaded support conversations

pKris

Hey there all,

Is there a way to allow for the threading of support conversations from the receivers end? Outlook and other email clients / servers does typically take care of this itself but through my testing, something about the format doesn't allow for this in my testing with Outlook, Gmail, and the Outlook web app.

Right now each support reply comes in as a separate email despite it having the same subject line, so it contains no history of the conversation - it's not a huge issue, we've got some customers who get lost as to what's being discussed as their only channel to us is through email, but it is enough of an issue where I need to find a solution to it.

I looked to this thread for assistance which pointed me here, but the link is dead.

Edited by pKris

The hook mentioned there was to send a copy of all replies in a single message using the EmailPreSend hook and that may work but wont be a thread.   What you need is the different email headers sent along to make messages thread-able and I don't think you can add headers via hooks.   The ticket system in whmcs is really limited compared to a dedicated system like SupportPal.