Optimal futurepay cron frequency

• WHMCS CEO
No, clients who place a new order get it processed real-time.

I don't think that's the case. With FuturePay, if an agreement is already setup, they are told as such and that payment will be taken automatically - which is when the cron next runs.

Matt

I don't use a cron at all. I just added a button to the admin page to run the billing when I want. I prefer it this way so that i can see what is being billed.

just add to your admin/templates/homepage.tpl at the bottom somewhere:

<input name="button" type="button" class="button" onclick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain/path to worldpay file','mywindow','width=500,height=800')" value="Run Futurepay Billing Cycle" />

now if you get an existing customer ordering you run the file and not wait for the cron.

Just found this thread after posting a new thread about the same issue.

Simplybe, that would require 2 things:

1) You being there 24/7 to watch every order coming in. Not feasible for me.

2) How do you know (without manually checking) whether each customer placing an order has a futurepay agreement?

Anyhow, so a frequent cron would seem to be the correct and better solution, however, my issue is that the recent "Order Days Grace" option which was recently introduced to give customers paying by cheque x number of days to send in their payment, while not receiving the 'overdue invoice' notifications, causes an issue here.

This makes the due date on new invoices x number of days AFTER the order date, (which in my case is 30 days). So, even if the cron runs every 5 mins as chickendippers suggests, the order wouldn't be processed until the due date.

Biggie this one I think.

Si

Just found this thread after posting a new thread about the same issue.

Simplybe, that would require 2 things:

1) You being there 24/7 to watch every order coming in. Not feasible for me.

2) How do you know (without manually checking) whether each customer placing an order has a futurepay agreement?

You could also have a cron to run twice per day, but having the button allows you to bill customers now. I like to check every order even from exisiting customers, so for me it works well.

You know if they have a futurepay agreement without checking because if they don't they would pay at the time of the order. The payment is only skipped at order time if they have an agreement in whmcs.

The problem with running the futurepay file every 5 mins is that if a customers card fails, they will be getting emails stating this every 5 minutes.

A nice feature would be the abilty to run the futurepay file for one customer, maybe have a 'bill now' button next to the invoice or something.

Thanks guys, but none of these answers solve the issue here, which is much more fundamental than finding 'workarounds' imho.

As othellotech says, if the customer has a FP agreement, the payment cron should run immediately during the order process. Problem solved.

I'm going to raise this as a feature request and link back to this thread as I think this is a necessity.

Si

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Si,

Did you get this sorted? If so, how?

Yep all sorted.

I paid Matt $50 to develop a script which is actions the futurepaycron during checkout. I'm sure if you raise a support ticket he'll make it available for you also.

Si

• 6 months later...