How te tell if invoice created by automation or manual order

weba

22 hours ago, weba said:

How can I tell for sure in the hook InvoiceCreation if the hook is running from automation(generate invoices/cron) or from a customers who is ordering stuff manually ?

untested, but I would assume that under both circumstances, the source value would be "autogen" - therefore, it might be a case of checking if the invoice table row contains an Order ID value (e.g using invoice id value as a reference), working on the assumption that if the source is autogen and an order id value exists, then it's been ordered by the client... a renewal invoice shouldn't contain an order id value.

two further thoughts on this..

1. a client manually renewing domains might generate an autogen invoice with no order ID - so if true, that may need to be taken into account too.
  2. invoices are created daily in the cron, so this should only occur once each day  and at a specific time of day... e.g if your daily cron runs at 2pm, but an autogen invoice is created at 1:55pm, then it can't have been created by the daily cron (unless you're manipulating the cron process), and so it should be a client order... so really, I think you only have to worry about those autogen invoices created less than x minutes (depends on how many invoices are being created by the cron) after the daily cron runs.. anything before that shouldn't be cron related, and neither should anything a long time (e.g an hour) after the daily cron.