Hello. 

We're planning to create the promotion for the domain name only e.g. .xyz and the customer can signup and purchase 1 year registration in 90% off.  I'm able to create the promotion that works fine. but the problem is very unusual that it also accepts on renewal also. How can I disable the promotion of domain name only that should not renew or transfer. ? 

19 hours ago, Waqas Saeed said:

I'm able to create the promotion that works fine. but the problem is very unusual that it also accepts on renewal also.

that's not a bug - promo codes get applied to registrations, transfers and renewals.

19 hours ago, Waqas Saeed said:

How can I disable the promotion of domain name only that should not renew or transfer. ? 

not from admin settings* - you will either have to use a coding solution, e.g action hook, or buy a third-party addon module.

• * you could disable domain renewal on demand, but that wouldn't help with promo codes applying to transfers.
  • * if you changed the default 1-yr pricing to 90% off, then the same price would automatically be used to set the renewal price at the time of ordering... though that could be got around with coding.

you could use an OrderDomainPricingOverride hook to discount the 1-yr registration price of .xyz - the hook can distinguish between new registrations and transfers and only apply the discount to registrations before checkout...

BRJuMDC.png

... but it wouldn't display the discounted price in the search results... alternatively, you could validate at checkout to ensure the promo code isn't being used against transfers/renewals... it's also worth adding that the coding for either could get complicated depending on your WHMCS configuration.

with regards to third-party addons, Domain Offers would be the obvious one - especially if you plan to do this with multiple TLDs in the future; the nuclear option, which I think might be overkill for your situation, would be the Discount Center addon, but that's more a wholesale replacement of the promotion code system.

• 1 year later...
On 30/05/2021 at 7:41 PM, brian! said:

that's not a bug - promo codes get applied to registrations, transfers and renewals.

not from admin settings* - you will either have to use a coding solution, e.g action hook, or buy a third-party addon module.

• * you could disable domain renewal on demand, but that wouldn't help with promo codes applying to transfers.
  • * if you changed the default 1-yr pricing to 90% off, then the same price would automatically be used to set the renewal price at the time of ordering... though that could be got around with coding.

you could use an OrderDomainPricingOverride hook to discount the 1-yr registration price of .xyz - the hook can distinguish between new registrations and transfers and only apply the discount to registrations before checkout...

BRJuMDC.png

... but it wouldn't display the discounted price in the search results... alternatively, you could validate at checkout to ensure the promo code isn't being used against transfers/renewals... it's also worth adding that the coding for either could get complicated depending on your WHMCS configuration.

with regards to third-party addons, Domain Offers would be the obvious one - especially if you plan to do this with multiple TLDs in the future; the nuclear option, which I think might be overkill for your situation, would be the Discount Center addon, but that's more a wholesale replacement of the promotion code system.

I am running an .in domain offer, buy 1 get 1 domain.

How can I set it? because if I add over pride then if user add one domain then gone 0 , so how can set this if user add 1 domain then they not get any discount and if he add 2 domain then he get discounts.???