Internet.bs Domain Registrar WHOIS Lookup Issue

Hello,

I'm using latest WHMCS & Internert.bs domain registrar. But If I choose Internet.bs as default WHOIS Lookup Provider & try to lookup whois of a domain from WHMCS admin area, getting an error.

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

InvalidArgumentException: Return must be an instance of \WHMCS\Domains\DomainLookup\ResultsList in /var/www/vhosts/my.nameseba.com/httpdocs/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Domains/DomainLookup/Provider/AbstractProvider.php:0
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/vhosts/my.nameseba.com/httpdocs/dashboard/whois.php(114): WHMCS\Domains\DomainLookup\Provider\AbstractProvider->getSuggestions()
#1 {main}

But there is no error If I choose WHMCS NAMESPINNING as default whois lookup provider. But problem is, I'm selling premium domain, So If I choose WHMCS NAMESPINNING as default whois lookup provider then premium domain price is not working correctly. So I must need to use Internet.bs.

I explained more derails in this video

https://www.hippovideo.io/video/play/_imi4jmibp0h_9gV2WHZIigFfJSD-G50P_G6h-Squuo?utm_source=hv-campaigns&hreferer=private&_=1620969137026&

The module files attached bellow.

Thanks for your time!

WHMCS-Internet.bs-V2.9.zip

5 hours ago, Md Rasel Khan said:

I'm using latest WHMCS & Internet.bs domain registrar.

as this is a third-party domain registrar addon, it's going to be better for you to contact internet.bs support about this directly - they wrote it themselves (or paid someone to write it).

there is an internet.bs module within WHMCS (written by WHMCS I assume) - but the docs says that it doesn't support premium domains, so probably of no use for you.

one point that I did spot about the third-party registrar addon is that its code hasn't been updated since Feb 2020 - that certainly means that it hasn't been updated for / tested on v8 or later.... ideally, you shouldn't have updated a production server without testing whether the registrar addon still worked, but it's a little late for that now.

hopefully internet.bs will have an internal version that has been tested for v8 and later that you can use. 🙏

@brian! Thanks for your reply. Yes, WHMCS has official Internet.bs module & they do not support premium domain. But Internet.bs's official module support premium domain. Just problem is whois checking from WHMCS admin area is not working, else everything is working fine.

I already contact with them but they are not responsive. Waiting for their reply.

1 hour ago, Md Rasel Khan said:

I already contact with them but they are not responsive. Waiting for their reply.

that's still your best bet... only alternatives I can see would be...

1. feature request the default internet.bs registrar module to support premium domains - but that would be pointless as it would take years.
  2. pay a developer to fix it.... if your income from selling premium domains justifies the expense, then it might be worth it.
  3. consider switching to another registrar for premium domains - not ideal, but if internet.bs can't supply you with a working module, or reply to a ticket...

On 5/14/2021 at 9:02 PM, brian! said:

that's still your best bet... only alternatives I can see would be...

1. feature request the default internet.bs registrar module to support premium domains - but that would be pointless as it would take years.
  2. pay a developer to fix it.... if your income from selling premium domains justifies the expense, then it might be worth it.
  3. consider switching to another registrar for premium domains - not ideal, but if internet.bs can't supply you with a working module, or reply to a ticket...

@brian! Thanks for the good suggestion. But another issue is when I chose other or WHMCSNAMESPINNING as a whois lookup provider, frontend premium domain search result showing available to register, but it should be unavailable.

Edited by Md Rasel Khan

1 hour ago, Md Rasel Khan said:

But another issue is when I chose other or WHMCSNAMESPINNING as a whois lookup provider, frontend premium domain search result showing available to register, but it should be unavailable.

does namespinning support premium domains ? I can't recall ever reading that it does and I haven't found anything with a quick look in the docs.... certainly, I wouldn't expect the other lookup providers to work unless you had active accounts with them.

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

does namespinning support premium domains ? I can't recall ever reading that it does and I haven't found anything with a quick look in the docs.... certainly, I wouldn't expect the other lookup providers to work unless you had active accounts with them.

When I set ResellerClub as a whois lookup provider then it's working. That means premium domain search results showing unavailable to register.

2 minutes ago, Md Rasel Khan said:

When I set ResellerClub as a whois lookup provider then it's working. That means premium domain search results showing unavailable to register.

do you have an account with resellerclub ? are you sure it's not just standard whois returning that the domain is already registered (which many premium domains are) ??

2 minutes ago, brian! said:

do you have an account with resellerclub ? are you sure it's not just standard whois returning that the domain is already registered (which many premium domains are) ??

Yes, I have resellerclub account. ResellerClub as a whois lookup provider.

1 minute ago, brian! said:

I think i'm seeing the same thing (using stargate which is RC)- perfectcell.com is unavailable, but it should be a premium domain... might be worth asking support about this if you intend to use RC as a premium option.

Who doesn't support premium domain, they are showing unavailable.

Morning,

Just stumbled over this thread and hi @Md Rasel Khan - we know each other from hexonet.

If there's an issue related to the custom internet.bs module, report it over github issue here. <- update: sorry my fault, it is private (wip), I was just granted access to it.

Regarding "perfectcell.com": It is not a premium domain. It is a non-premium aftermarket domain, offered over the Afternic platform. That's why premium domain support has no impact on it.
It is a matter if Registrars support Aftermarket Domain Names over Availability Check in WHMCS or not. Hexonet's ISPAPI Module supports this for example.

Hope this helps getting your issue solved.

Best

Kai

Edited by PapaKai

That's why premium domain support has no impact on it

hexonet offers aftermarket domains over its premium domain integration in whmcs. Just wanted to say: it depends on how registrars covered that topic, not necessarily over premium domain integration.